The Afghanistan and Pakistan Thread

R.Caerbannog

Verified Military
So...a high school dropout with JEM suicide-vehicle bombed an Indian security convoy and killed at least 46. Since JEM is a creation of ISI, maybe India should nuke the fuck out of Pakistan and wipe the whole fuckin abortion off the map.

👍
Cotton cultivation starts in two weeks for them. Seed potatoes are currently in cultivation as well as sugarcane. Rice gets planted in two and a half months. India won't have to use nukes if the Pakistan is starving and broke.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
Cotton cultivation starts in two weeks for them. Seed potatoes are currently in cultivation as well as sugarcane. Rice gets planted in two and a half months. India won't have to use nukes if the Pakistan is starving and broke.
The thought of a country-wide famine in PK really stirs my loins. I like the cut of your jib, sir.

R.Caerbannog

Verified Military
...but Pakistan will. Desperation makes people do weird things sometimes.
Maybe, but if we look at PK's cultural hierarchy I'm pretty sure that they're going to have their hands full keeping their starving peasants in line. Greater civilizations have been bent low due to famine and natural disaster. Archaeological records show that it's usually the lower castes that suffer the most during times of famine. There is a reason human sacrifice and inter-tribal warfare was so big in Meso America.

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
SSMP
Nothing keeps the plebs in line like a major war against a hated enemy.

I deeply dislike Pakistan but we need them right now, unfortunately. I like India more, and we need them as well. If they go to war, our major land lifeline into Afghanistan will be at risk (Pakistan), and a major potential adversary against China (India) will be focusing its whole attention west instead of where we want it, north.

R.Caerbannog

Verified Military
Just to add to the last post. On

I deeply dislike Pakistan but we need them right now, unfortunately. I like India more, and we need them as well. If they go to war, our major land lifeline into Afghanistan will be at risk (Pakistan), and a major potential adversary against China (India) will be focusing its whole attention west instead of where we want it, north.
Very true, hatred will unite people. This is just me thinking aloud, but if India can make up the agricultural shortfalls of a decimated PK it's likely that the PRC will cut a deal.

Sorry for the add on: I think if China wants to keep growing and keep it's citizens fed and happy (to a degree,) they'll have no choice but to turn to the nearest large scale AG markets.

R.Caerbannog

Verified Military
Sorry for the shitty editing. Also wanted to include that I've been toying with something one of my professors said. What I remember was something akin to, "advanced civilizations have gotten steam rolled by lesser ones". It's made me wonder if PK is using human biology as a counter to our more advanced technology.

From what I'm seeing, PK has done very well to leverage it's population and land to counter our more advanced forces and technologies. The way PK generates it's wealth, to it's meddling in world affairs, seems to hinge on an expendable population and diminishing terrestrial resources. Like, their soil should be dead from extensive use and yet they turn a profit off agricultural goods.

DA SWO

SOWT
Verified SOF

Would it go nuclear?
China suffers tremendously in a PK/India nuke exchange as most of the fallout will land in Chins (with the Korea's and Japan being the next two major victims)

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
SSMP
Would it go nuclear?
China suffers tremendously in a PK/India nuke exchange as most of the fallout will land in Chins (with the Korea's and Japan being the next two major victims)
I doubt it, but it could.

In any case, "someone" would have to step in to stop the fighting, secure everyone's nukes, do humanitarian resistance, and help the countries recover.

Spoiler alert: it won't be China.

Gunz

Combined Action
Verified Military
I don't think the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction would be a very reliable nuclear deterrent among a number of individuals and factions in Pakistan...I mean, basically, it's just another path to martyrdom. In a big way.

R.Caerbannog

Verified Military
I don't think the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction would be a very reliable nuclear deterrent among a number of individuals and factions in Pakistan...I mean, basically, it's just another path to martyrdom. In a big way.
I kinda wonder how the sons and daughters of PK's elite feel about martyrdom. From what I know, PK's sons really seem to enjoy drinking, smoking dope, and fucking/date raping sorority girls; while PK's daughters seems to enjoy doping it up and riding the cock carousel. I'm just not seeing them going along for the thermonuclear martyrdom ride.

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
SSMP
I kinda wonder how the sons and daughters of PK's elite feel about martyrdom. From what I know, PK's sons really seem to enjoy drinking, smoking dope, and fucking/date raping sorority girls; while PK's daughters seems to enjoy doping it up and riding the cock carousel. I'm just not seeing them going along for the thermonuclear martyrdom ride.
The Westernized elite, yes. But much of the military and the intelligence service are die-hard Islamists. Plus you have pretty much the whole northwest of the country being basically ungovernable, and all of those barely-controlled jihadist groups. It's a very volatile mix.

R.Caerbannog

Verified Military
The Westernized elite, yes. But much of the military and the intelligence service are die-hard Islamists. Plus you have pretty much the whole northwest of the country being basically ungovernable, and all of those barely-controlled jihadist groups. It's a very volatile mix.
That might be a benefit. It seems that PK's cultural and caste system is built on unstable ground. Earlier I mentioned biology as PK's way of asserting itself globally, if the right shortages are created in the right places they lose that advantage. The expendable population that PK has created will tear the country apart at the seams.

If India can muscle PK out of the agribusiness market and keep the PRC fed and supplied, I doubt the Chinese will risk screwing up a stable flow of goods and raw materials. Better yet, if PK starts to lose it's scientists, engineers, and botanists, the country will devolve into a plaugeland.

Afghanistan might be lost, but doesn't mean we can't wipe Pakistan off the map. All without firing a single nuke.

Devildoc

Verified Military
That...is no lie. ME women are like southern girls brought up in religiously repressed homes: once they get a taste of the forbidden fruit, there's no stopping them.