The "All Things Politics" Thread (please review page 1)

Ooh-Rah

Marine
Trump or Biden, we lose either way. It’s beyond maddening that this is the best we can come up with; it’s our own fault though.

I’m not emotionally attached to either candidate; I’m going to hold my nose and pull the lever for one of them, I’m not going to be satisfied with either choice.

As hard as some try to convince me that Obama did his best to destroy the country, I think we survived just fine. As much as some feel like Trump is trying to do the same, again, I think we’re going to be OK.

Whether it is Trump or Biden for the next four years, history has taught me that in reality, not much is really going to change.

Be well friends and foes. And regardless of what happens, be humble and don’t fan the flames of sadness and outrage that the other side feels.

J

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
I don't think it would matter who the parties put up. I think this is just a symptom of society and signs of another cultural revolution. Canada is going through similar issues in politics and the common denominator is the left trying to paint anyone that opposes them as evil racist Nazi's. And the right painting anyone opposing them as Communists. Meanwhile reality is there's a little truth in both sides arguments but the majority are just trying to get by day to day. Most don't give a shit about anything that doesn't directly affect their life.

Florida173

SOF Support
Trump or Biden, we lose either way. It’s beyond maddening that this is the best we can come up with; it’s our own fault though.

I’m not emotionally attached to either candidate; I’m going to hold my nose and pull the lever for one of them, I’m not going to be satisfied with either choice.

As hard as some try to convince me that Obama did his best to destroy the country, I think we survived just fine. As much as some feel like Trump is trying to do the same, again, I think we’re going to be OK.

Whether it is Trump or Biden for the next four years, history has taught me that in reality, not much is really going to change.

Be well friends and foes. And regardless of what happens, be humble and don’t fan the flames of sadness and outrage that the other side feels.

J

I hear you man. I was always going to be voting Trump, although he puts my livelihood at sake with all these peace deals he and his son are brokering in the middle east. Outside of cringing on what he says, I can't state one thing he has done that I dislike.

The recent revelations about Biden I think are more than enough to say that we need to clean house here in Washington. It has gotten so corrupt. I imagine impeachment proceedings happening immediately if Biden is elected and I bet this time, it won't be a partisan line vote. I see some of the money laundering happening through Ukraine on both sides, or at least it was suggested that Mitt was doing stuff there too.

Juggrnaut

Unverified
Are we going to see more in the media take a stand like this?

My Resignation From The Intercept
I don’t see it a possible large scale movement. Maybe if some really big influential people started doing it, could rally some others and start something. However, the media also does a good job of smearing people like this, making them out to be bad apples, poor performers, etc, trying to take credibility away; that way no one will look at them as righteous but just a disgruntled employee. Hope I’m wrong.

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
Last edited:

Devildoc

Verified Military

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
Turnout this year might be just a liiiiiittle high. Texas has already passed the 2016 total vote total with one day of early voting left.

What is the access to early voting versus 2016 I wonder. Like I said in 2008 in my town (I voted via absentee because of college) there was no early voting center, LA county only had 3 places for early voting then.

I think people are voting early for many reasons. I think there will be violence on election day, specifically from one side of the spectrum. And if that violence is bad we could have an equally bad reaction to that.