The "All Things Politics" Thread (please review page 1)

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
Who runs this guy's twitter?

Frustrated Head GIF

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
In every state, both parties have teams of lawyers ready with complaints written to file. This isn't a "Trump plans to do this", "Biden plans to do this". Both of them have contingency plans in place to challenge this election via the courts in all 50 states.

There was something a bit more than that but I'd have to check.

Blizzard

WTH?

Hillary Clinton is an electoral college elector?? Didn't she say the college should be disbanded after the 2016 election?

"I'm an elector in New York," the 2016 Democratic nominee told SiriusXM's "Signal Boost." "I'm sure I'll get to vote for Joe (Biden) and (Sen. Kamala Harris) in New York. So, that's pretty exciting."

Hillary Clinton says she is an Electoral College elector in New York
Yeah, as though she'd honor the vote either way. How did she get to be an elector?! Even if Trump were to win NY (unlikely), i guarantee she'd be a faithless elector. Maybe it's part of a new Democratic strategy, take over the electoral college with faithless electors - destroy the system one way or another.

Cookie_

SOF Support
Yeah, as though she'd honor the vote either way. How did she get to be an elector?! Even if Trump were to win NY (unlikely), i guarantee she'd be a faithless elector. Maybe it's part of a new Democratic strategy, take over the electoral college with faithless electors - destroy the system one way or another.

That's not how electors work though.

There are both Democrat and Republican electors. Whomever wins the state is which party's electors cast the votes.

On the off chance Trump won NY, Clinton would not be an elector.

GOTWA

Half Faceless Man
Verified Military
It's almost like CBS has a gut feeling that Trump will pull this out. Either way, the comments for the video are hilarious.

- "Let me show you what our extremely sophisticated computer system has predicted. First its possible that Joe Biden could win but on the other hand if Biden doesn't win, then Trump would win."

- "Tomorrows forecast could be rain unless it doesn't rain. Stay tuned to find out what happens."

Kraut783

SOF Support

There are both Democrat and Republican electors. Whomever wins the state is which party's electors cast the votes.

Heh, your right, NY is part of the National Popular Vote compact. Hillary would HATE to have to vote for Trump.

Blizzard

Makes much more sense and I appreciate the correction. Thanks!

Clearly, I'm not an expert on the electoral college. I recalled NE splitting between parties in 2008 and knew each state set it's own rules. Now, after going back and reading up on this, I understand how it happened and why it was the exception. Glad to understand this better!

Cookie_

SOF Support
Heh, your right, NY is part of the National Popular Vote compact. Hillary would HATE to have to vote for Trump.

I mean, he'd have to win the popular for that to happen (if it was even active).

Granted, 2020 is so crazy if you told me Biden wins electoral but Trump wins popular I don't think I'd even be phased at this point lmao.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
I've written over and over: your vote will determine what lawyers win the election. We're casting votes to allow lawyers and the courts to determine our country's next year or so if the Democrats take the Senate. If the Democrats take the Senate and Trump isn't impeached, I will be surprised.

R.Caerbannog

Verified Military
And here I am thinking of all this compromising information of foreign business deals with no evidence of FARA. So actual evidence of Chinese and Russian money in the pockets of the Biden family is ok, but fantasies of Putin influence bad?
Well, at least the boards aren't still keeping their heads in the sand over the existence of the Deep State. The rot and corruption prevalent in DC and Silicon Valley has become too big to ignore. Especially with the soft coup/impeachment, pedo/Biden coverup, and censorship, the traitors in DC have been getting away with.

If the DNC, RINO's, & commies, don't become irrelevant our citizenry will have to start making some hard choices.

Something funny for the board.

Last edited:

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
I won't speak for the rest of the staff, I am looking forward to the end of the election. Gone will be the name calling, poor arguments (substance and style), bad behavior, and the litany of other poor human characteristics displayed by some of you to date. I know that we'll conduct ourselves professionally and there's absolutely no chance any of you will incur points, a banning, or quit in frustration.

There's no way this drags on for months either. Quick, clean, and without rot. That's our election, that's our membership.

Good days are ahead.

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
I won't speak for the rest of the staff, I am looking forward to the end of the election. Gone will be the name calling, poor arguments (substance and style), bad behavior, and the litany of other poor human characteristics displayed by some of you to date. I know that we'll conduct ourselves professionally and there's absolutely no chance any of you will incur points, a banning, or quit in frustration.

There's no way this drags on for months either. Quick, clean, and without rot. That's our election, that's our membership.

Good days are ahead.

It took me a minute to realize this was sarcasm. Well played.

Templar27A

Army JAG
Verified Military

Sarcasm is all well and good, but there's definitely a fair percentage of the population who believes that if their candidate wins, this will unironically happen.

GOTWA

Half Faceless Man
Verified Military

Good days are ahead.
About half way though I thought...and all those fucking youtube advertisements. Ugh.

Florida173

SOF Support
@compforce Really? I've only received one survey phone call and that had to have been about a month ago. Now, the vehicle warranty update spam calls...

I sometimes press 0 to talk to someone and ask them which vehicle they are referring to.

Best thing about living out of state from my phone number, i can ignore every single call i get from my area code.