The "All Things Politics" Thread (please review page 1)

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
So here is a question that just came to mind....what happens when Trump Tweets something like this....

”Sleepy Joe is all wrong on dealing with Iran. The briefs I was in show that Iran is really doing....XYZ”....

Can he get himself into legal trouble for spilling info that is not cleared for the public?

Brill

SOF Support

Brill

SOF Support
So here is a question that just came to mind....what happens when Trump Tweets something like this....

”Sleepy Joe is all wrong on dealing with Iran. The briefs I was in show that Iran is really doing....XYZ”....

Can he get himself into legal trouble for spilling info that is not cleared for the public?

No, POTUS is the ultimate classification advisory officer and ALL classified material is ultimately for POTUS.

@Ooh-Rah i assume your example is post transition, considering that the POTUS can classify/declassify as he wills according to department of navy v. Egan.

If trump does that post transition, then I am not sure, legally, what would/could occur.

Practically speaking, I doubt the Biden team would go after him. If the argument is: “trump is leaking classified info,” then you have essentially admitted to lying to the American public (Biden admin) and then you also have to make your case in court after a terrible PR spell.

Personally I think the best way to deal with him is probably to let FB and Twitter de platform him and then ignore whatever flows through the cracks...then pray that works.

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
Wouldn't even as President he has to go through some kind of process to declassify, even just a memo or something, not just talking about it suddenly?

Marauder06

Intel Enabler

No.

No, POTUS is the ultimate classification advisory officer and ALL classified material is ultimately for POTUS.
^ this

Brill

SOF Support
But what about when he’s no longer POTUS? Can he get into trouble if he chooses to discuss things that are considered un-discussable?
After he’s PUC’d by DEVGRU for not leaving 1600 Penn Ave, his interrogations would be S//NF.

Just kidding. Classification rules are from EOs and not Congress because all national security matters are executed via the Executive branch.

Until noon on 20 Jan 2021, POTUS is still President and retains all the authority vested in him via the Constitution.

After that time, he’s just another American...with Secret Service detail and all other federal agencies that support SS ops.

Last edited:

Brill

SOF Support
It’s going to be an interesting December.

THEREFORE, be it RESOLVED that the Pennsylvania House of Representatives

1. Recognizes substantial irregularities and improprieties associated with mail-in balloting, pre-canvassing, and canvassing during the November 3, 2020 election; and

2. Disapproves of the infringement on the General Assembly’s authority pursuant to the United States Constitution to regulate elections; and

3. Disapproves of and disagrees with the Secretary of the Commonwealth’s premature certification of the results of the November 3, 2020 election regarding presidential electors; and

4. Declares that the selection of presidential electors and other statewide electoral contest results in this Commonwealth is in dispute; and

5. Urges the Secretary of the Commonwealth and the Governor to withdraw or vacate the certification of presidential electors and to delay certification of results in other statewide electoral contests voted on at the 2020 General Election; and

6. Urges the United States Congress to declare the selection of presidential electors in this Commonwealth to be in dispute.

House Co-Sponsorship Memoranda

Separately from PA but directly connected to crazy:

Last edited:

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
Yeah, so basically things are getting weird and that the projected president elect may have gotten there through fraudulent means. Unsurprising. I don't know if anything the Trump Campaign says is true, but in that hearing in Pennsylvania, if what they allege is true. Certain number of Mail-In-Ballots sent out with a certain number greater of those requested got somehow returned, then people need to go to jail for a very long time. And I also think we need to return to the previous systems of Mail-In/Absentee requests and not the trash that we had this election.

But if that isn't true, then send in the senility of the next administration.

I saw enough weird shit that made me have questions, the fact that most of the bullshit on social media was conspiracy theories doesn't surprise me. But the Kool-Aid that some people drink because of what they hope to be true is wholly annoying. Like really smart people are willing to eject reason from their brain. But we've seen that same shit happen with COVID policies too.

Last edited:

Cookie_

SOF Support
It's on the internet, it must be true!

View attachment 37204

Cross post because my response is better here, but holy fuck people actually buy this shit?

As you know by now, the DoD launched a raid on a CIA-run server farm in Frankfurt, Germany, to secure servers that contain proof of CIA interference with the 2020 election (i.e. backdoor manipulations of election results via Dominion voting machines). But new information is now surfacing that indicates there was a firefight at the server farm facility, involving US Army Special Forces units, engaging with CIA-trained paramilitary units that were flown in from Afghanistan in an emergency effort to defend the facility.

One CIA officer was killed during the firefight, and he is now being reported across the mainstream media as being “killed in Somalia.” Five US Army soldiers were also killed, and they are being explained away as dying in a “helicopter crash” in Egypt.

Here's the article this all came from. Read it and laugh at how over the top it is.

New reports about election manipulation read like a Tom Clancy novel

ThunderHorse

Verified Military