The China Thread (Threat)

Blizzard

AG Bill Barr on the China threat:
Just the News @JustTheNews

In the video, he states his aim for the speech was to have Chinese Communist leaders find it despicable. Mission accomplished!

This speech was on point; direct and pulled no punches - calling out companies like Apple et al. Just a leader telling it like it is. Bravo! 🔥

Last edited:

CQB

Australian SOF
Verified SOF
There was a good article today in our national daily by John Lee, who has some form in this area, I'll have to paraphrase as it's behind a paywall. The conclusion of the article (p.10) notes that the PRC got it's way with Hong Kong (it's always been part on China anyway, my thought) but Beijing has overestimated it's power to intimidate lesser nations, who now have understood what the PRC is doing. China needs goodwill to rise but material seduction & coercion is not working anymore. The PRC has limited tools to comprehend & respond to this new paradigm & the leadership is starting to get the message. This has left them little room for retreat & more angry towards what they consider to be inferior nations. Unchecked, this could "take the region to a very dark place. But we now know the problem is not so much that Beijing is too powerful to resist but there was a previous lack of collective resolve to stand firm."

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
If everyone's a Nazi then no one is a Nazi, but when you're herding people into trains, sending them to camps, and mass sterilization of women...

How much is Bayer pharmeceuticals making off this deal? How do you say "I.G. Farben" in Mandarin?

But hey America, keep cashing those Chinese checks and buying their cheap goods. Hollywood's run by pedophiles and compromised with Chinese money and influence. Torrenting is theft...but it doesn't involved systemic rape.

DA SWO

SOWT
Verified SOF
Pretty standard procedure for closing down facilities on foreign soil on short notice. It's interesting, but not exactly something to get worked up about.
I think they'd have high-speed/capacity shredders.
Burning seems slow and tedious, unless the paper has covid on it and they are trying to pollute/infect Houston. ;-)

Reactions: AWP

Raksasa Kotor

AFSOF
Verified SOF
I think they'd have high-speed/capacity shredders.
Burning seems slow and tedious, unless the paper has covid on it and they are trying to pollute/infect Houston. ;-)
Trust me, the shredders are running as well.

If their "file plan" is anything remotely like ours, of the pile of sensitive docs: half probably shouldn't have been classified to begin with, a quarter were properly classified but are so old that they're no longer sensitive, and the remaining quarter might contain something sensitive and active.

Most of that burn pile is probably lunch orders and drawings of dicks.

DA SWO

SOWT
Verified SOF
Trust me, the shredders are running as well.

If their "file plan" is anything remotely like ours, of the pile of sensitive docs: half probably shouldn't have been classified to begin with, a quarter were properly classified but are so old that they're no longer sensitive, and the remaining quarter might contain something sensitive and active.

Most of that burn pile is probably lunch orders and drawings of dicks.
or Winnie the Xi cartoons.