The China Thread (Threat)

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
Tbh the only thing that's related to this thread is that is happened in China so it's not even relevant. It's tacky and shitty behaviour regardless of where it happened.

GOTWA

Half Faceless Man
Verified Military
Wow. That is really, really interesting to me. I thought China was trying to become more like us economically, but this seems like a step in the opposite direction.

At the same time, though, I'm wondering if what they're doing from a top-down, governmental approach is really so different than the thought policing going on inside corporate America right now. I'll have to think about this a little further and see if I can articulate what I mean a little better.

I was already of the opinion the CCP was heavily involved with their 'private' sector. Or at least maintained a rather heavy influence in their actions. My initial reaction to the article went right to supply chain management and the very real possibility that all electronics could become a major threat.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
Privatization is part of why China's economy boomed. But hey, Beijing want that money lol.

CCP announces plan to take control of China's private sector

Hmm, doubling down on Communism after years of pseudo-Capitalism. I love what amounts to political officers/ commissars in companies now. The gov't already had a very heavy hand in some places, but they really doubled down. What's funny is they went to the now old model to increase productivity and profits, but are now using a successful model and returning to Mao era practices?

Bold strategy, Cotton.

R.Caerbannog

Verified Military

R.Caerbannog

Verified Military
They've just started to make noises about our Wheat now...
That's very odd... especially with the food insecurity they're facing. Their agricultural areas just took a beating due to flooding. I think China's trying to destabilize the market, to fuck over your farmers and ultimately AU, so they can get a cheaper price on the extra grain they're gonna need.
(China's playing chicken with y'all to save face and their pocketbook.)

Not sure if it helps, but I've also been reading some of their popular literature and the culture of how they approach business is abhorrent. Seriously, fuck them. If there's anywhere else China can get grain imports work out deals to block out the Chicoms. (Food prices around the world are spiking along with food shortages.)

It will continue, the big hit economically will be if the PRC stops importing our coal & iron ore.
Can that coal and iron ore be used to build up Australia's civil and military infrastructure? Cause that coal and iron ore is likely feeding China's massive steel industry and their 'One Belt One Road' scheme.

On the other hand, Australia could try something akin to China's 'One Belt One Road' scheme. You guys have the raw materials and goodwill China needs to carry out their plan. Heck, you might turn the tables on China and box them in using a similar strategy. Though it might drive further Russia China cooperation.