The China Thread (Threat)

GOTWA

Half Faceless Man
Verified Military
Mark is way off base. He said she doesn't know what she's talking about but he certainly doesn't either or is just unwilling to be truthful about it. His "solution" was to allow more asylum seekers here. That's ridiculous and we don't have the resources to accommodate that many people. Change must occur in China but he doesn't want to risk losing that customer. It's that simple.
To be fair, I didn't say I agreed with all of his points, just the one I addressed. I accept the fact this world revolves around money. Thats why I don't get upset when fox tries to push that narrative when the government needs to lead the way. Want the government to acknowledge those human rights abuses? They can't, because you can't do business with countries that commit genocide.

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
I know from reading that we've done similar things for practicing raiding POW compounds during Vietnam and other high risk ops, but they weren't usually built out in the open (at least not when satellites were overhead).

Almost like they want you to see it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. This is strategic messaging as much as it is tactical training.

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
We have satellites over their shit, they have satellites over our shit. We build purposeful cities and compounds, rather large ones to train in. But I don't think ours are so "open" and ours are on already established bases. They have so much land that they can just in the middle of bumfuck and throw up a city. But they've done this in several places where real estate gets built and no one lives in the city...mostly to keep people working. That's a command economy for you.

CQB

Australian SOF
Verified SOF
The trick that democracy plays is that the elected official has to govern for all, even those that didn’t vote for them. All democratically elected heads of state say the same thing, “we govern for all” & there’s no exception that I can think of to this rule. So thanks PE Biden, but it’s nothing new. I’m more interested now in the makeup of his team & what will happen in Georgia soon.

Ooh-Rah

Marine

R.Caerbannog

Verified Military
A request to you and other members who post giant walls of text or screen shots of the same, but then only comment with “unbelievable” or somesuch thing.

You’ve spent however much time digesting this information, at least give us a Readers Digest version of what you are commenting on
I think 'unbelievable' is pretty fitting. Lets not forget the PRC is literally cutting organs outta people, running concentration camps, and committing genocide. All the while, they have the audacity to post the drivel below.

The UN is a joke and the PRC is straight up evil. The fact they plan on presenting this at the UN's review of our human right record is clownshoes.

1604929059977.png

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
A request to you and other members who post giant walls of text or screen shots of the same, but then only comment with “unbelievable” or somesuch thing.

You’ve spent however much time digesting this information, at least give us a Readers Digest version of what you are commenting on
Specifically on this one. The guy's tweet sums up what the screen shot is. The Chinese government sits on the UN Human Rights Council and leveling questions about the US government's actions to remove "systemic racism"...you know a country that is overtly putting people in concentration camps trying to take the moral high ground.

And as we know, most countries that end up on the UN HRC tend to be the worst government's in the world when it comes to Human Rights.

Last edited:

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Another one bites the dust...

Former Arizona Raytheon engineer faces prison after 'exporting' sensitive missile technology to China

Defense companies should probably stop hiring anyone with Chinese citizenship, ya think?
It's tricky, for sure. In addition to the hyper-woke conditioning that pressures companies to become more "diverse," there are probably a very limited number of people who have the skills these company needs. And unfortunately a lot of them are apparently Chinese citizens.

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
It's tricky, for sure. In addition to the hyper-woke conditioning that pressures companies to become more "diverse," there are probably a very limited number of people who have the skills these company needs. And unfortunately a lot of them are apparently Chinese citizens.

I don't know, I know a white dude designing missiles for Grumman, he's also a distiller for a craft distillery. He's definitely weird.

Tom Mueller didn't go to any fancy schools because he was white and from Idaho, but Elon Musk found him and he was the first engineer hired at SpaceX. US Universities choose to educate foreign nationals over Americans, US Companies choose to use H1-Bs instead of employing Americans. This is just general commentary and not specific but it has strategic influence on our country.

Last edited:

Dame

The Chinese play the long game. They specifically educate their folks to fill these slots. I don't believe it is a situation born of serendipitous circumstance. As for the folks who qualify for the job in this country, most of them won't take the contractor jobs. Those jobs pay less than the big names in tech cuz government contracts go to the lowest bidder.