The China Thread (Threat)

CQB

Australian SOF
Verified SOF
The riots I mentioned above were in 06 but if a bunch of islanders can convey a blunt message, it looks like it can be done. The riot destroyed 90% of Chinese property & businesses.
The next western Pacific spot to watch is Bougainville, which has a significant election next year.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
China doesn't want a Cold War mentality? :ROFLMAO:
The islands its built in the Pacific, buzzing our aircraft, the on again/ off again support for NK...but it doesn't want tensions to escalate?

Please....

Isiah6:8

China doesn't want a Cold War mentality? :ROFLMAO:
The islands its built in the Pacific, buzzing our aircraft, the on again/ off again support for NK...but it doesn't want tensions to escalate?

Please....
China loves it. Xi has a history (as does China), of saying one big thing publicly while manipulating big things behind the scenes for China.

I think Xi's response the other night was a bunch of hogwash but right now they can't afford to get materially impacted economically so they say some nice things on TV and go back to doing what they do.

Seishin

Verified Military
China will always be China just like Russia will always be Russia!

They say one thing in public and do another in private.

Those are principles that will never change unless they have a *complete* transfusion of the old way of thinking....

Gunz

Combined Action
Verified Military
I think the Trump administrations hardline approach prompted Xi to say what he did. Yes, China is doing many provocative things, but there may be growing uncertainty in Beijing (and Pyongyang) that they're going to push things too far.

The South China Sea, the Sea of Japan, the Indo-Pacific are brimming with warships. US Carrier Strike Group 5, Australian Navy, S. Korean Navy, Japanese Navy, French Navy, Indian Navy, everybody engaged in freedom of passage operations in China's backyard swimming pool, not to mention US & PRC submarines playing underwater hide n seek.

It's only a matter of time before things get ugly. The PRC is risking war. And war is bad for the kind of business the PRC has been conducting.

US carrier sails in disputed sea as China shows own force

The Chinese have got one operational aircraft carrier. We have twelve. We're not playing dead in the SCS. We're ready to go. All it's gonna take is an incident.

Last edited:

DC

Navy Diver
SOF Support
China snow job just like the tariffs they have put on our goods for decades. They want full world domination period. Russia will tag along. Cold War can get real hot.

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
I dunno man, @RackMaster seems pretty pissed these days...
@Marauder06 is right. Canuckistan is run by a full blown Marxist puppet that admires China's basic dictatorship. I'm sure if he could get away with it, we'd be a Chinese territory by end of the week. I was shocked when he took such a hard line against Russia.

DC

Navy Diver
SOF Support
@Marauder06 is right. Canuckistan is run by a full blown Marxist puppet that admires China's basic dictatorship. I'm sure if he could get away with it, we'd be a Chinese territory by end of the week. I was shocked when he took such a hard line against Russia.
If you have Walmart, Costco or those in different wrap the Chinese are already there. Fear the red.

Gunz

Combined Action
Verified Military
Xi has a lot to lose. Like his navy. This is why I say there is risk for the PRC by igniting tensions at sea.

Nobody wants to fight China on Chinese soil. But the provocations are mainly maritime in nature and the PLAN is not that intimidating. They've got no cruisers, lots of corvettes and frigates and destroyers and assorted smaller craft, some LSDs, minesweepers, missile boats and one aircraft carrier.

The Chinese are far from invincible at sea.

As far as their fortified artificial islands... the Japanese had that strategic thinking in WW2: utilize islands as "unsinkable aircraft carriers". How'd that work out? Islands are static. They can't duck into a squall and hide. The enemy always knows their position, and knowing it, can attack at will.

Last edited:

DA SWO

SOWT
Verified SOF
China snow job just like the tariffs they have put on our goods for decades. They want full world domination period. Russia will tag along. Cold War can get real hot.
Chine plays by their rules, and so does Russia.
We have played by Chinese and Russian rules for a long time (20 plus years).
DJT comes in and says fuck that, we are playing by my rules; Russia and China are trying to figure his rules out so they can minimize their loses.
No different than Regan's open mic moment, except Trump tweets.
Brinkmanship is a viable tactic.

DC

Navy Diver
SOF Support
Xi has a lot to lose. Like his navy. This is why I say there is risk for the PRC by igniting tensions at sea.

Nobody wants to fight China on Chinese soil. But the provocations are mainly maritime in nature and the PLAN is not that intimidating. They've got no cruisers, lots of corvettes and frigates and destroyers and assorted smaller craft, some LSDs, minesweepers, missile boats and one aircraft carrier.

The Chinese are far from invincible at sea.

As far as their fortified artificial islands... the Japanese had that strategic thinking in WW2: utilize islands as "unsinkable aircraft carriers". How'd that work out? Islands are static. They can't duck into a squall and hide. The enemy always knows their position, and knowing it, can attack at will.
Don’t forget subs. Not our level but diesels are hard to detect. Who knows how many they really have.
People's Liberation Army Navy Submarine Force - Wikipedia

Gunz

Combined Action
Verified Military
Chine plays by their rules, and so does Russia.
We have played by Chinese and Russian rules for a long time (20 plus years).
DJT comes in and says fuck that, we are playing by my rules; Russia and China are trying to figure his rules out so they can minimize their loses.
No different than Regan's open mic moment, except Trump tweets.
Brinkmanship is a viable tactic.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with a few scary innuendos to keep them guessing. It's a taste of their own MO. And with our arsenal and our habit of going to war in far off places, those comments, tweets etc have the power and precedent to back them up.

DC

Navy Diver
SOF Support
Exactly. Nothing wrong with a few scary innuendos to keep them guessing. It's a taste of their own MO. And with our arsenal and our habit of going to war in far off places, those comments, tweets etc have the power and precedent to back them up.
Scary as it sounds but true.

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
I somehow doubt China is ever going to succeed in invading Taiwan
It's one of their top national priorities. They're feeling more and more confident in their abilities in and around the South China Sea. If they can't get Taiwan to come over through the democratic process, they will simply wait a few more years until they have near-parity with us, OR they will go sooner, if they perceive extreme weakness in the US.

Devildoc

Verified Military
It's one of their top national priorities. They're feeling more and more confident in their abilities in and around the South China Sea. If they can't get Taiwan to come over through the democratic process, they will simply wait a few more years until they have near-parity with us, OR they will go sooner, if they perceive extreme weakness in the US.
How do you see that going? Seriously curious. How would Taiwan react? What would we do?

Gordus

I know. I just highly doub the feasibilty of such an operation.