Transfering within ranger regiment.

Endura2

Ranger
Verified SOF
Hey guys. Question for some more senior guys, if they know anything about transfering, either mos, or battalion itself, due to the treatment/hazing I've been recieving. Anyone know any info on this?

Endura2

Ranger
Verified SOF
Not sure why exactly, just being demeaned about everything, hell new privates are treated better than I am, not sure if it's a racial or religious thing, just curious, as to what to do? Not sure if going to a big army unit is a thing

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
Are you being singled out for “special” treatment or is every new Ranger receiving the same treatment? Hazing is never okay, especially for racial or religious reasons. Who is doing the hazing? Your squad leader? Platoon sergeant?

Ranger Psych

Ranger
Verified SOF
Everyone does tab checks. If you haven't deployed yet, then you are an untested cherry and a liability until proven otherwise. Proof stateside is in job proficiency and performance. As a 6 month noob, you aren't in a valid position to gauge your own performance.

Having said that, and not having uniforms to starch, hair to cut religiously, and boots other than dress to keep polished, nevermind common areas at the BN's now... I find it hard to belive there's much to honestly be able to even play games on the level of fuckery I personally received as a cherry.

What makes you think you're being singled out as a special snowflake?

Ranger Psych

Ranger
Verified SOF
Just paging. Because I'm curious as to why you're being hazed/harassed after earning the tab.
Tab's a school. It's also not what makes a Ranger as it pertains to a green tag here, and having a tab doesn't mean you can/will ever be in Ranger Regiment.

RASP makes Rangers that serve in Ranger Regiment, Ranger school doesn't. You can't go to Ranger school then just "walk on" into Ranger Regiment

If you took a fresh School grad with similar time in grade/service as a RASP Grad, their functional skillset on a battlefield within their rank/expected position for said rank/TIS is light years behind.

It's like saying that just because someone earned an EGA, they can just "go be" MARSOC or Recon.

Difference in the Corps, they had the brains to make a MOS for Recon, similar to how Special Forces is its own set of distinct MOS. Regiment has no such MOS change, and by that retains step reduction for removal due to not requiring actual MOS reassignment should someone not maintain standards at some point.

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
@Ranger Psych I used to have a scrolled and tabbed Ranger under my command at a joint unit a “few” years ago. He told me non-tabbed Rangers got special treatment until they graduated from the school. Is this no longer the case?

Ranger Psych

Ranger
Verified SOF
@Ranger Psych I used to have a scrolled and tabbed Ranger under my command at a joint unit a “few” years ago. He told me non-tabbed Rangers got special treatment until they graduated from the school. Is this no longer the case?
The tab is a requirement to be eligible to be a combat leader in Regiment. Tabs lead details, they don't do details without good reason. So if you're tabless and haven't built a skillset/position where you have sufficient deflector shield strength to make that ammo detail fall on a PV2/PFC because you have to help in the commo shop, draw weapons for inspection, etc? Guess what.

It also depends on your leaders. I was the sole tabless bitch in my squad leading into 9/11. My Squad leader made the two junior tabs rotate on details with me, solely because I would always have been on detail otherwise in lieu of training. He did the same thing in reverse, as we had limited manpower slots for our missions.

The BN EO rep is a real thing if being honestly racially targeted. The BN Chaplain is a real thing if being religiously targeted. Sure, you may get reassigned... but if you want to exercise a nuclear option you'd better have MOPP4 in your back pocket because there's going to be permanent fallout.