• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

UK Hiring recuiting more armed police.

Agoge

Verified Military
They need to work on training their existing officers to have a different mindset. They have been operating the way they have for decades. Their officers have been indoctrinated into that way of thinking and it will take time to get them thinking "differently." That may answer as to why they want "new" LEO's. Start them thinking differently from the beginning.

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
They need to work on training their existing officers to have a different mindset. They have been operating the way they have for decades. Their officers have been indoctrinated into that way of thinking and it will take time to get them thinking "differently." That may answer as to why they want "new" LEO's. Start them thinking differently from the beginning.
Or it's just an expansion. Whatever works for you.

Red Flag 1

Ordo Fratrum Hospitalis Loannis Hierosoymitani
I just like that they are doing it now. It was good that the Bobbies were able to hold to unarmed tradition. The world today is under risk of random armed violence from extremists, with police being targeted as well. The time has come for England's LEOs to go armed for their protection, as well as the citizens they protect.

The world has changed since 9/11, everyone needs to change in kind, LEO in particular.

My $.02

policemedic

Verified SWAT
Police in the UK are paid a standard salary regardless of which force they are serving with. The exception is the Met in London; they get an extra £6K due to cost of living. Dunno how that applies to the MOD beause that's a bit different. I do know if you're out in more rural areas a PC can live comfortably.

Diddums

Unverified
this is for MoD Police which are all armed and are hired to guard a number of sensitive areas including, UK Nuclear Weapons, Intelligence Offices(MI5 and MI6), Foreign Airforce Bases and ammo dumps and a few other things. They are not regular police. I don't know if there is currently a policy to increase the number of firearm police. What i found more shocking was that not all police are armed with tasers, which i believe they should be.

Regular police are paid more at £27,015

Ministry of Defence
British Armed Response Units