United States & Gun Control discussion.

lindy

SOF Support
I considered it but for the prices they’re asking for some GI’s ragged-out WWII rifle I’d rather build my own AR and put some nice glass on it. Or like a half-dozen SKSs.
History is priceless. I’m going to wait until I get a CCW from GA but I’ll do it.

oh, ARs (and hammers) kill people Sir.

pardus

Verified Military
I considered it but for the prices they’re asking for some GI’s ragged-out WWII rifle I’d rather build my own AR and put some nice glass on it. Or like a half-dozen SKSs.
The M1 is a cool rifle, but it's not a great rifle IMHO, the caliber is all messed up, due to inflexible, stuck in the past leaders back in the day. It along with the British EM-2, FN FAL and the M1 were all supposed to be intermediate cartridges, but dickheads in the US Army screwed it up and put us 20 years behind the commies (and Nazis).
The best M1 I've ever used was a 7.62x51mm. Super accurate and fun to shoot.

lindy

SOF Support
The M1 is a cool rifle, but it's not a great rifle IMHO, the caliber is all messed up, due to inflexible, stuck in the past leaders back in the day. It along with the British EM-2, FN FAL and the M1 were all supposed to be intermediate cartridges, but dickheads in the US Army screwed it up and put us 20 years behind the commies (and Nazis).
new phone...who dis?;-)

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
SSMP
The only M1 I've ever fired was yours. I like it for the history, its heft, and its hitting power. I also like it because it takes a clip not a detachable mag, which makes it legal in most of the ultra-liberal states I find myself living in.

That pricetag tho...

Box

Verified SOF
Gun control-wise, I dont think the M1-Garand it is any safer than the blackest-most-plasticy AR15 once the liberals get control of the government. It is a semiautomatic with a bayonet lug. That 8-round en-bloc clip may as well be a 100 round belt because it will get lumped in as a military assault rifle and blacklisted along with everything else.

The M1 is a fun rifle to shoot when you are just dabbling in local level CMP style match and want to make new friends but they will take a big bite out of your gun budget if you are looking for a match grade M1.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator