.Vision question

BigBoss

Unverified
Hey all, just a question about the vision requirements for Recon. In the faq it states that vision must be correctable to 20/20. I correct to 20/20, however my vision is so bad I needed a waiver to enlist. Just wondering if the waiver would be an issue.

Thanks in advance.

BigBoss

Unverified
He said while I might qualify on paper I might not get a shot because there would be plenty of guys without a waiver.

Ooh-Rah

Marine
Thank you.

When you ask a question here, it is always a good idea to share all relevant information.

Best of success to you.

BigBoss

Unverified
I haven’t inquired yet. I have researched though and many say it’s risky to get prk with my perscription which is -7.75 in my right eye and -8.25 in my left.

BigBoss

Unverified
Good to know. Are they still accepting volunteers at SOI? I heard they were going to stop because so many people were failing, but that was from a fellow poolee so not really the most credible source. From everything I’ve read they still are, but figured I’d ask someone who actually knows.

BigBoss

Unverified
I think that’s all my questions haha. Now I just need to pt till I’m half dead. Seriously though thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. It is much appreciated.