Watches

Kiva19

Unverified
So, I did a search but couldn't find a previous thread. Forgive me if I missed it!

Anyway, just curious as to what you all are wearing when it comes to watches. Pics are appreciated!

Here are mine. Two G-Shocks and a Suunto.

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
Haven't worn it in a while, I need to find my extra links to adjust the band but my regular work and play watch for over 10 years now is a Tissot Titanium. I had the guts replaced a few years ago, the sweat and shit from Asscrackistan must have leaked in and seized up every thing. But the bezel is still clear, no scratches.

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
watches.jpg

I have always used a g shock overseas and for diving but I got a nixon surf watch (on the right) a year ago so I had something that didn't scream military. We do a lot of international travel for JPAC and we try to reduce our military profile. We used to get issued the marathon dive watches, which I am a huge fan of, and I wear that a lot as well but not everyday because I like having a timer on my watch for working out etc. I like the tritium on the marathon watch as well. I have been issued a ton of suuntos but that shit is too high speed and complicated for me. I had a suunto shit the bed on me in the Arctic on an exercise (-35 degrees btw) while Mr G shock took a lickin' and kept on tickin'. I also had a suunto start giving me bad bearings during an advanced evasion course. I use a large wrist mounted compass to back up my issue compass now.

pardus

Verified Military
View attachment 8342

I have always used a g shock overseas and for diving but I got a nixon surf watch (on the right) a year ago so I had something that didn't scream military. We do a lot of international travel for JPAC and we try to reduce our military profile. We used to get issued the marathon dive watches, which I am a huge fan of, and I wear that a lot as well but not everyday because I like having a timer on my watch for working out etc. I like the tritium on the marathon watch as well. I have been issued a ton of suuntos but that shit is too high speed and complicated for me. I had a suunto shit the bed on me in the Arctic on an exercise (-35 degrees btw) while Mr G shock took a lickin' and kept on tickin'. I also had a suunto start giving me bad bearings during an advanced evasion course. I use a large wrist mounted compass to back up my issue compass now.
That Nixon is The Unit?

If so how accurate is the temp on it? The manual says body temp throws it off.

Kiva19

Unverified
I've always liked G-Shocks for some reason. They just have a good style. I know my Suunto is affected by your body temp when you use the thermometer. I don't use the altimeter or barometer much...still have to learn the proper way to adjust them.

I like the Pathfinders...especially the 240 I think. The one with the yellow button on the bottom that says "light".

Ranger Psych

Ranger
Verified SOF
My pathfinder shit the bed on me quickly (solar powered model) and any watch with a thermometer is affected by wearing it... 10 minutes by the manual on the Suunto off your body to read proper temp.... and honestly, external temp is probably one of the least used features for pretty much any military operation. It's either hot as balls or cold as fuck, or somewhere inbetween.

Having a barometer/altimeter is a great thing... especially if you pay attention to the track of the pressure, since you can tell when shit's getting close to changing and have a couple hour lead on when weather is going to go to shit. Very easy to work with. 10 minutes playing with the watch with a full read-through of the manual is all it takes to be able to use it right.

SgtUSMC8541

Marine Scout Sniper
Verified Sniper
Suunto when I was on AD..... kick ass watch..... now? SEAL COLORMARK 3050 Series by Lumi Nux... In tan.

I wear a g-shock, and will continue to do so till I die. I wear a Nixon Player watch for dress occasions. Otherwise it's a g-shock.

Kiva19

Unverified
I figured out the body temp. situation with the thermometer, but you're correct...it doesn't get used much. I'm not normally anywhere where the baro or alti would really benefit me at the moment..so I haven't taken the time to give it the proper attention. I understand the basics though.

I hear there are supposed to FINALLY be some tan, or "desert beige" G-Shocks coming out this summer. I'm definitely interested in getting one of those.

8654Maine

Recon Marine
Verified SOF
All the pics (except the last) shamelessly lifted from the 'net.

(1) G-shock. My all purpose watch
G-Shock AWG-100.jpg

(2) Citizen Aqualand duplex w/ depth gauge. Wore these for decades.
Citizen Aqualand duplex.jpg

(3) Citizen Aqualand solar. My current favorite. Fits in w/ the crowd at Cape Cod and martinis.
Citizen Aqualand.jpg

(4) Seiko Solar Diver. Had my first Seiko in the Philippines 30 yrs ago.
Seiko solar.jpg

(5) The current lineup. Yes, I'm a lousy photographer. The Seiko is upside down. My Aqualand needs to be sent in.
Watch family.JPG

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
All the pics (except the last) shamelessly lifted from the 'net.

(1) G-shock. My all purpose watch
View attachment 8352

(2) Citizen Aqualand duplex w/ depth gauge. Wore these for decades.
View attachment 8353

(3) Citizen Aqualand solar. My current favorite. Fits in w/ the crowd at Cape Cod and martinis.
View attachment 8354

(4) Seiko Solar Diver. Had my first Seiko in the Philippines 30 yrs ago.
View attachment 8355

(5) The current lineup. Yes, I'm a lousy photographer. The Seiko is upside down. My Aqualand needs to be sent in.
View attachment 8356
I like the 2nd Force backdrop and 1911. Is that a MEU(SOC) clone?

8654Maine

Recon Marine
Verified SOF
Teufel, thought you'd appreciate it.
I got that shirt when I passed indoc in '89.
That's a Springfield Operator. It's close to my issued MEUSOC from '89. It's awesome out of the box.
Got a buddy who's trying to finagle a real one from Quantico once they transition to the new pistol.