The China Thread (Threat)

Working off memory (and a touch of scotch at the moment) but I don't think we've supported Taiwanese independence since like the '70s. I think we just keep the CCP off them.

Working off memory (and a touch of scotch at the moment) but I don't think we've supported Taiwanese independence since like the '70s. I think we just keep the CCP off them.
You may be right, but I always thought our position was to "not have a position", formally, on Taiwan's independence per the Six Assurances. The idea being that it's for the Taiwanese to determine, although all of out actions seem to support independence.

Kirby's statement appears to be a departure from that neutral stance, based on that understanding.

"He renounced his U.S. citizenship in 2016 at the U.S. embassy in Beijing, backdated to 2012 on a certificate, after 'overt intelligence contact by U.S. authorities that may have compromised his family safety', his lawyer wrote.

His lawyers oppose extradition, arguing there is no evidence the Chinese pilots he trained were military and that he became an Australian citizen in January 2012, before the alleged offences."...WTF

Hey, I renounce my citizenship effective a few years before you catch me doing sketchy shit.

I wonder if JSOC has guys that operate in/speak Australian.

"He renounced his U.S. citizenship in 2016 at the U.S. embassy in Beijing, backdated to 2012 on a certificate, after 'overt intelligence contact by U.S. authorities that may have compromised his family safety', his lawyer wrote.

His lawyers oppose extradition, arguing there is no evidence the Chinese pilots he trained were military and that he became an Australian citizen in January 2012, before the alleged offences."...WTF

Hey, I renounce my citizenship effective a few years before you catch me doing sketchy shit.

I wonder if JSOC has guys that operate in/speak Australian.
The CIA has a large presence in Aussie. They outta just snatch him.

Video because we all love videos:

Contractors are like Seals at Chick’s.

Back