100 Push Ups

I normally touch my chest to the ground when doing pushups (not bouncing, just touching) because I've had so many pushups not count over the years for not going all the way down. I can't do many pushups as it is, I want to make sure all the ones I do count :D

The marketing is a little over the top, but I grabbed a pair of those "perfect pushup" doohickeys and they made me sore as hell. I like 'em!

I also have this thing called the Strength Builder. Stew Smith used to recommend them. It's pretty neat.

Helps break up the monotony of regular pushups.

The marketing is a little over the top, but I grabbed a pair of those "perfect pushup" doohickeys and they made me sore as hell. I like 'em!

I have a set of these my dad got me - have yet to try them. I think I will now that I've heard someone else using them :)

I started this program too.... I'm on nights, with 12 hrs of jack shit to do for another 5 days.... it's also easy to fit this in around my gym schedule, and I can track my improvement on push-ups for the coming APFT. I'd like to max them before year's out. I'm starting on week 3, like most of the mil folks out there doing this. we'll see what happens. :) anyone else still sticking with this program? I know Pardus asked for a copy of it in BCT....

oh - anyone tried the 200 sit-ups challenge? same author, same principle, but with sit-ups. I did that one too, and I'm surprised at how much it worked me. we'll see how it goes :)

I am in week 4 for the push-ups and week 1 for the sit-ups! Started the sit up challenge today. I do sit-ups regularly along with my bike.

Just did my push-ups!

Hershal Walker used to do hundreds of push ups and sit ups a day and the man was a machine. CORE STRENGTH is where it's at. Fuck all that body building shit, that can't get you anywhere in combat. We need core strength to conduct mission after mission after mission.

funny - one of the Docs mentioned Walker also.

I like the gym, it gives me some time to blow off steam, and also helps pass the time, as well as helps keep me healthy. added benefit - when i have to take a DA photo or similar photo, I'll look a lot better than if I didn't. I'm not in there to body-build, I'm in there to stay healthy and get stronger. that's it. :)

I'm excited to see the outcome of both of these programs. :) anyone else?

funny - one of the Docs mentioned Walker also.

I like the gym, it gives me some time to blow off steam, and also helps pass the time, as well as helps keep me healthy. added benefit - when i have to take a DA photo or similar photo, I'll look a lot better than if I didn't. I'm not in there to body-build, I'm in there to stay healthy and get stronger. that's it. :)

I'm excited to see the outcome of both of these programs. :) anyone else?

Hey brosef, how are you liking the workout thus far?

Wonder if there's a decent way to implement two programs at once. I might alternate the situps/pushups program. or hell, maybe squats and pushups since they are basically unrelated muscle groups. Pushups works your abs as well, so might be better off doing squats and pushups.

Hmmm, that would mean 6 days/week of calisthenic work. I don't see how that would be overtraining by any stretch since the volume really isn't that high.

Sounds like a nice program to ace the PFT with, assuming your run is in check...and of course making sure you kept a steady pace to ensure you completed your target reps within the two minute time frame.

just started it today, but so far I like it. easy to implement and do it wherever, and it helps pass the time on nights. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. :)

this I'm doing alone... I want to try it and see how it works after a few weeks. I'm also still going to the gym with a buddy of mine. if I start to notice signs of overtraining, then I'll probably hold off on the gym for a bit.

thanks! you too :)

It actually works, only problem, is so far my progress hasn't been able to exceed 70 push-ups... :( I get success for a while, and than my body gets used to it, and I get stuck...

So now alternating between a PU routine and minor weight routines to work beyond 70... right now in Weight lifting phase, than I'll be going back to the push-up thing to see how it's improved, and do the PU phase...

Those are my results for this program...

The most push ups I have ever done on a PT test was 104. I think I am down in the high 80s now. It comes with age I guess. I used to work with a guy who always did at least 120 on his PT test. The man was a beast. He had a 100 rep push up program, but it was quiet different from that one. For PT he would do as many push ups as possible before going to his knees, and then finish them out on his knees until he reached 100. He did this about three times a week. It worked for me to, however i never made 120 push ups. I also knew a chic that once did 125 push ups, but not in 2 minutes, it took her about 5 minutes, but she never went to her knees, this girl was a beast too.

It actually works, only problem, is so far my progress hasn't been able to exceed 70 push-ups... :( I get success for a while, and than my body gets used to it, and I get stuck...

So now alternating between a PU routine and minor weight routines to work beyond 70... right now in Weight lifting phase, than I'll be going back to the push-up thing to see how it's improved, and do the PU phase...

Those are my results for this program...

You're 25%bf, over 300lbs and can do 70 pushups?

The most push ups I have ever done on a PT test was 104...

I am there with you brother

I think my personal best was 102 on a PT test in the SFQC, as a matter of fact it was in PLDC/BNCOC. Honestly I cant tell you when the last time was that I actually did a pushup/situp routine except for a PT test.

Maybe one day the Army will learn that the 3 event PT test is worthless at gauging a soldiers fitness for combat.

Crip

I am there with you brother

I think my personal best was 102 on a PT test in the SFQC, as a matter of fact it was in PLDC/BNCOC. Honestly I cant tell you when the last time was that I actually did a pushup/situp routine except for a PT test.

Maybe one day the Army will learn that the 3 event PT test is worthless at gauging a soldiers fitness for combat.

Crip

Yeah, what does this PT test do for me in Combat. NOTHING. We need to make our PT test more combat focused. You think after all the times our country has been to war, they would learn.

Back