AF Helo Crash Reported in Iraq

AWP

SOF Support
7 onboard. Lots of conflicting info in the media right now, so I won't traffic in rumors.

Blue skies.

Let's everyone be careful about what is posted please. Only facts....no discussion of the fallen until officially released by DOD.

This one hits home to some of our members here.

I would first like to thank @AWP for getting this out in the open board. I was (admittedly) holding off out of hope that the #FakeNews establishment got one wrong. I wish it was the case but it isn't.

Our community is waiting on getting the families notified, and thank you to @Ooh-Rah for putting the stop on any guessing/rumors/speculation.

Here's the deal- our business, ALL of our business, is dangerous. Yeah, we all "know the risks", but things like this hurt. For my specific career field, tonight we lost just shy of 1% of our operational force in one event- that's just operators.

One involved in the crash was my student, on the only team I will proctor here at the schoolhouse. When we have gone through the proper channels, I would love to tell his story. Along with the other 2 friends I had on that aircraft.

They died doing what they loved and what they trained so intensely for - "So that others may live."

A tough loss to the PJ community. Even tougher when it hits home.

Heartfelt and sincere condolences @amlove21 .

In your hands, O Lord,
we humbly entrust our brothers and sisters.
In this life you embraced them with your tender love;
deliver them now from every evil
and bid them eternal rest.

The old order has passed away:
welcome them into paradise,
where there will be no sorrow, no weeping or pain,
but fullness of peace and joy
with your Son and the Holy Spirit
forever and ever.

Amen.

Rest In Peace, Warriors and thank you for your service and many sacrifices!

My sincerest condolences to their families, teammates, and those here that knew them personally.

Back