All things Star Wars

I'm too much of a SW fan to completely give up on it, already. But if they don't deliver with Ashoka and their watered down version of the Heir to the Empire trilogy, than that will be it for me too. Its just sheer curiosity. I want to see how they go on about what I think, should have been the actual sequel. Expectations are cautiously low.

I'm too much of a SW fan to completely give up on it, yet. But if they don't deliver with Ashoka and their watered down version of the Heir to the Empire trilogy, than that will be it for me too. Its just sheer curiosity. I want to see how they go on about what I think, should have been the actual sequel. Expectations are cautiously low.

I'm not going to hold my breath. Given the low-effort crap portrayals they've given of Ahsoka in the other live-action stuff an entire season of that is about as appealing as a bucket of diarrhea, especially in contrast how well she was introduced in Clone Wars/Rebels.

I'm not going to hold my breath. Given the low-effort crap portrayals they've given of Ahsoka in the other live-action stuff an entire season of that is about as appealing as a bucket of diarrhea, especially in contrast how well she was introduced in Clone Wars/Rebels.

Yeah. They can't be compared. But it's the least of my worries with that upcoming show, to be honest.
More than anything else, I'll be dissapointed if they butcher Thrawn. Imo the Heir trilogy remains one of the best things to come out of SW since the OT. Zahns latest books added a heck ton of character development, depth and complexity, that was lacking in those 90s originals.
But the problem is, that we end up with two different characters now. The one in Rebels is a smart, but generic ruthless villain. While in recent novels, the same continuity, its far more complicated and complex than that. Who read, saw both knows what I'm talking about.
So I'm just really curious where the heck are they'll be going with this. I'm already dissapointed with the sequels connections anyway. Maybe do something more original and disconnected with it ...

Finished Andor, really good. Thought S2 existed but apparently not.

Ahsoka was also pretty legit.

Highly surprising Kennedy didn't ruin both.
I want to like Ahsoka, but I'm having trouble doing so. I think part of the problem is that there is a big gap between the episodes that I watch, so that I forget important plot points.

I want to like Ahsoka, but I'm having trouble doing so. I think part of the problem is that there is a big gap between the episodes that I watch, so that I forget important plot points.

Have you watched Clone Wars and Rebels recently? I found Ahsoka was made with a lot of fan service. If you haven't seen the animated shows, I could see a lot of plot being missed.

Have you watched Clone Wars and Rebels recently? I found Ahsoka was made with a lot of fan service. If you haven't seen the animated shows, I could see a lot of plot being missed.
My oldest daughter is super into Star Wars, and we seated watching Ashoka when she was home on Fall Break. She provided a lot of additional context. But now she’s back at school, so…

There was a lot of commentary by a certain segment that Thrawn looked worn down. If anyone has read any of the Original Canon that talks about the Chiss race, I would say obesity is not a trait. So perhaps in S2 once the homie is back on a decent diet and not worried about surviving on some world in BFE he's a bit more toned up. But I think I watched most of them back to back as I started watching half way through so by the time E8 was out I was caught up and watched E7 on the Tuesday and E8 the next day. Interesting how Disney is operating these shows like appointment viewing with release days instead of binge showing a la Netflix. Obviously intentional to have someone subscribe for a longer period of time.

There was enough of a deviation between how the characters behaved in the animated vs. live action versions that I have a hard time being convinced they’re the same characters.

It’s rare that I would consider the animated version of anything to be better but here we are.

Back