Anti-bacterial drinking straw things

Never heard of these. That looks like a pretty good thing to have though.

Those African kids look THRILLED about their gifts...

I'd be a bit skeptical of a product like that. Granted I'm sure it does a good job at removing a good bit of bacteria in water, but like anything you get what you pay for. Those things could be good for like 5 gallons before needing replacement I dunno. I'm happy with the water filtration system I got that fits into the bug out bag and is good for 10,000 gallons.

That's really interesting, thanks. I knew about iodine being plonked into water but I didn't realise it was so versatile.

Anytime mate.

Whats more interesting to me is common household bleach, which is a very cheap and very effective way of sterilizer of water.

The Pocket Micro is nice; I have one. But it does take forever to fill a water bladder with one. Very portable and ruggedly made.

For a disaster scenario that doesn't involve mobility and where you want a far greater rate of production of potable water, check out the Stainless Berkey line of water filters.

$35 bucks for 1000L, and it does filter out viruses and parasites also. Lifestraw is not a bad option for individual use. They make a family version also that's good for 15000- 18000L.

Back