Conor McGregor vs RDA

Conor gassed like a mothafucka, couldn't carry the extra weight well at all. Seemed very sluggish throughout the fight.

The reach advantage Diaz has really caused big problems for Conor and the amount of missed strikes from someone who is usually a very accurate striker was insane. Spent the whole fight chasing a KO that just wasn't gonna come and suffered the consequences.

He'll now stop all the talk of fighting Robbie Lawler because quite frankly, Robbie would ruin him.

It's cool that he took the fight at WW to keep the fans happy but he needs to go away, get back to basics and see how he goes at 155.

Credit to Diaz, he took the strikes and soon as he saw his opportunity to pounce, he took it. Both fighters were very classy post fight too.

Conor gassed like a mothafucka, couldn't carry the extra weight well at all. Seemed very sluggish throughout the fight.

The reach advantage Diaz has really caused big problems for Conor and the amount of missed strikes from someone who is usually a very accurate striker was insane. Spent the whole fight chasing a KO that just wasn't gonna come and suffered the consequences.

He'll now stop all the talk of fighting Robbie Lawler because quite frankly, Robbie would ruin him.

It's cool that he took the fight at WW to keep the fans happy but he needs to go away, get back to basics and see how he goes at 155.

Credit to Diaz, he took the strikes and soon as he saw his opportunity to pounce, he took it. Both fighters were very classy post fight too.

Agreed, I think Conor jumped weight too fast...

@amlove21 was right about Conor, going up two weight classes. That's a lot of weight at that level and it made a difference.

I enjoyed the Tate vs Holm fight, I like both fighters but was happy to see Tate win the belt. She's always been right there, the clear 2nd-3rd best but never the champ. That was a great end to a fight.

LOL, I read this whole thread over again. I didn't agree with the Diaz family comments that were made, but didn't/don't wanna dish out a bunch of "disagrees" or "hate's", especially on something like "who we like as fighters". But I cannot disagree with you guys more about the Diaz brothers. I don't care for the gangsta image that comes out of them, but they are a product of their environment and a family who grew up in extreme poverty, and made something of themselves through discipline and martial arts. Any martial artist should understand and respect that... That all said Nick has been a favorite of mine for years, and I think Nate showcased how under rated he has been in UFC 196, He straight took McGregor to BJJ 101 school and the stand up, for a dude who had "10 days to prepare" and get in there and bang with the likes of McGregor, fuck me running that's impressive... I'm looking forward to UFC 200 and the rematch, full training camps, etc...

Either a ploy to hype the fight, or he is running from Nate. I imagine Nate crushed McGregor a lot more psychologically than he has let on.

McGregor had a camp, Diaz didn't and literally came in off vacation with 10 days to prep, took everything McGregor had and than beat his ass. Going from thinking you can jump around weight classes to get choked to tap by a dude who just got off the beach in Mexico, has got to play hell on his confidence.

$.02

McGregor had a camp, Diaz didn't and literally came in off vacation with 10 days to prep, took everything McGregor had and than beat his ass. Going from thinking you can jump around weight classes to get choked to tap by a dude who just got off the beach in Mexico, has got to play hell on his confidence.

$.02
Dude he was fighting up 2 weight classes. You can't reach your full potential until you push too far. Seems 2 classes up was too much for him at that time, but to down grade him because of a loss of a Title Match that much above his "normal" class is a stretch.

Dude he was fighting up 2 weight classes. You can't reach your full potential until you push too far. Seems 2 classes up was too much for him at that time, but to down grade him because of a loss of a Title Match that much above his "normal" class is a stretch.

Nate is a 155'er they both fought out of weight.

McGregor moved up weight to fight Diaz. While Diaz was fighting at that weight.
Well they were both the same weight, McGregor fights at 145, Diaz fights at 155, and McGregor had a full camp, Diaz had basically nothing.

I get you, hear you, but the advantage was 110% in McGregor's corner, he straight got beat....and honestly I think he is scared.

Last edited:
"Did I say 'retired'? I meant to say 'I want more money,' my bad."

McGregor not retired, pursuing UFC 200 fight
His statement disagrees.
He says that he was tired of making money for the UFC. He says they "made the monkey dance too much," when he needs to be training.
So it sounds like his stipulation is he will do the one big press conference and that's it. The rest of the time will be spent training.

McGregor Retracts Retirement In Lengthy Statement: ‘I’m READY for UFC 200… And My Revenge

Well they were both the same weight, McGregor fights at 145, Diaz fights at 155, and McGregor had a full camp, Diaz had basically nothing.

I get you, hear you, but the advantage was 110% in McGregor's corner, he straight got beat....and honestly I think he is scared.

A full camp, which mostly consisted of preparing to fight at 155.

He took the fight at 170, hadn't trained to fight carrying that kinda mass and gassed like fuck... Something he fully acknowledges.

He's carried the UFC on his back for over a year now and is merely asking for the chance to properly prepare for a rematch, rather than jumping through hoops for the next few weeks. It's not exactly an extravagant demand.

I honestly don't see how he can be called scared... He demanded the rematch?

So the ill fated press conference took place, without Conor of course... The highlight of which being when Nate completely blind sided Dana White by declaring that if he wasn't fighting Conor well then he wasn't fighting at all. He's completely right as well, his fight style involves him taking a lot of punishment while on his feet and if he has an opportunity to make major money, he deserves the chance to take it.

Of course now the question is, if Conor only wants to fight Nate and Nate only wants to fight Conor... Why not just let them fight? Who gives a fuck if someone misses a press conference?

Back