Current info on LASIK, waivers, and DQs

JTUSA

Unverified
Currently in the process of obtaining a REP-63 contract when I got a call from the required/ liaison saying that the army had recently changed is policy on LASIK surgery and I am ineligible (without a waiver) for the REP-63 contract as well as airborne and infantry contracts.

Said I could signup under a different MOS, suggesting 68-Whiskey (since I wanted to for the 18D route) still take the PT test and interview with the local group and obtain a letter of acceptance. Upon completing my schooling I could then come back and would be accepted into the SFAD and be able to get through the pipeline that route... he said he guarantees this route with get me to where I want to be.

1.) Is he correct that LASIK (performed 6 years ago) is automatically disqualifing to 11-B and REP-63 contracts?

2.) Is there such a thing as a letter of acceptance from a group, and with this allow to continue on with the SF pipelineas he says or is this all smoke?

Anyone have any word on current LASIK standings as far as 11-B and REP-63/18-X

Would be a huge help if someone could give me an update.

Thanks for the link, my google-fu brought similar results but the recruiter is saying this is a "brand-new" thing within the past couple months... just trying to see if this is true or not

Back