Daddy Combatives

Diamondback 2/2

Infantry
Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
So my oldest has been training with me for about three years (kickboxing primarily). But I recently started my 3 and 4 (almost 5) year olds teaching them some basic stance, punches and kicks. Really hard to keep their attention. Anyway, I started them on this because I am tired of watching watch tv or play with toys all morning. Figured burn some energy with them and get them interested in martial arts.

Yeah well they obviously only have so much tolerance for techniques right now. So to keep them interested I've made the deal that every 10 proper technically reps, I would give them 10 flashy reps. Jumping switch kicks, spinning back kicks, jumping spinning round houses, etc. It's been working good and they get a kick out of it (no pun intended).

Well about an half hour ago I blew out my knee again. I was doing a jumping spinning back kick and landed with a little too much torque, bam knee ballooned up swollen, clicking and popping. I have a bad knee for about 12 years, so I have pain going up and down stairs, etc. This feels different, not painful really, just completely unstable. Almost feel's like the wrong twist and it's just gonna twist off. I've got a surgery pending in July for so hopefully this doesn't derail that. Going to be a few days before I can get some images and see ortho, my PCM already put in consults and I'm seeing him Monday. Sucks...

You guys (especially you busted up guys) be careful showing out. I did a couple slow and easy and than went full retard, should have kept it slow and easy. Stupid-stupid me...

So my oldest has been training with me for about three years (kickboxing primarily). But I recently started my 3 and 4 (almost 5) year olds teaching them some basic stance, punches and kicks. Really hard to keep their attention. Anyway, I started them on this because I am tired of watching watch tv or play with toys all morning. Figured burn some energy with them and get them interested in martial arts.

Yeah well they obviously only have so much tolerance for techniques right now. So to keep them interested I've made the deal that every 10 proper technically reps, I would give them 10 flashy reps. Jumping switch kicks, spinning back kicks, jumping spinning round houses, etc. It's been working good and they get a kick out of it (no pun intended).

Well about an half hour ago I blew out my knee again. I was doing a jumping spinning back kick and landed with a little too much torque, bam knee ballooned up swollen, clicking and popping. I have a bad knee for about 12 years, so I have pain going up and down stairs, etc. This feels different, not painful really, just completely unstable. Almost feel's like the wrong twist and it's just gonna twist off. I've got a surgery pending in July for so hopefully this doesn't derail that. Going to be a few days before I can get some images and see ortho, my PCM already put in consults and I'm seeing him Monday. Sucks...

You guys (especially you busted up guys) be careful showing out. I did a couple slow and easy and than went full retard, should have kept it slow and easy. Stupid-stupid me...

You never go full retard.

On the flip-side, props for keeping your kids off the couch. Hope you recover quickly and fully.

Sounds like a PCL, ACL, or meniscus tear (or re-tear) from your description. An ortho exam will tell the tale.

This may derail the surgery depending on how extensively the surgeon wants to get the inflammation under control before going in.

Retard. :D;-)

Sounds like a PCL, ACL, or meniscus tear (or re-tear) from your description. An ortho exam will tell the tale.

This may derail the surgery depending on how extensively the surgeon wants to get the inflammation under control before going in.

Retard. :D;-)

I can move it full ROM without pain (slight pinch on the inside) but feel a nasty pop/shift behind the knee cap just before full extension and another with the pinch when fully contracted. My original injury to that knee was a lateral meniscus tear.

Yeah I felt like a retard hopping around on one leg trying act okay while saying "okay that's enough for today". lol

Back