Diplomatic Security Service Mobile SecurityDeployment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so let me get this correct. A high schooler with no experience in the "real world" working environment joined this group because he believes you guys are some what to be looked up to and will have knowledge/answers that could be passed off. Again let me repeat High school. So if there is such high standards on who is admitted to this forum why is he on here or continued to be allowed? I quote "On this forum we PREFER for our members to utilize proper grammar when POSSIBLE". Let's say because he is in High School and speaking from personal experience, his school has failed him/ lack of personal education like the average teen/intellectual level is not super high/grammar language skills aren't on a high and he can't use it when "POSSIBLE". Maybe English isn't his first language, though it is important to master the language to even apply for these kind of positions, he is showing interest in working for and serving the US government. You are all agreeing that responding to his inquiry it is best to say things such as, and I quote "So you went from being an unintelligible high schooler to an unintelligible college pre freshman" another quote "Go apply yourself in college and live your life a little without being anymore stupid than you already seem". Proper grammar does foster a professional feel, I agree 100%. But those comments above foster professionalism to you?
"Snarky" post because I called out people, that for no other reason than just to be cruel made those comments.
I've been trained on situational awareness plenty of times and I know how to interact and communicate with many people of different backgrounds. Just how I know and have been trained not to get into an ego trip with your kind, because according to you all everybody is a dumbass. I also know how to speak to a young man trying to do something professional with his life, asking men that he obviously looks up to (because why else would a high school kid be on this) for some info, and the result is he gets shitted on.
Sorry if my white horse showed a bit to much compassion for the young man and my instinct was to defend the kid. But I see stroking each other on behaving like assholes is the way to go.
I love the guys who trained me, the ones I work with and also the ones I have personal relationships , but trust me I think I could possibly get over being rejected from this site.

Theres ways of being direct even if it will hurt someone's feelings without being intentionally mean. If that's to human for you all because being a brute is more respectful, kick me off on this then.

Grow up.

Would you walk into a team room, and start bitching the team guys out for the way they treat some cherry? We have set standards here. We have rules and norms, you might have taken a second to read around and absorb some of the environment before writing some passive aggressive bullshit.

We don't treat high schoolers like they are just kids here. Many of the "kids" want to join elite units. Mentorship begins with attention to detail, even in the smallest of things. We have had many site members who did follow our advice, and are either in various phases of training, or have made it and are actively serving in SOF.

You might have realized all this had you taken a step back and analyzed your environment.

I see....

Don't ya think you came on a bit too strong up above?
Came on to strong? So shitting and disrespecting that kid wasn't too strong correct? Or maybe it's ok bc he isn't one of the well respected members on here? He's just a stupid kid with no grammar skills correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of the the men and women here are veterans of intense combat and multiple tours. They have learned to be direct in their dealings with people because it saves fucking time and cuts through the bullshit. They don't sugar-coat anything. Life is tough. The SF/SOF, and combat veterans on this site are not obligated to assuage the feelings of new posters. It doesn't hurt a high schooler to be told to clean up his act and conform to site rules.

Reactions: CDG
Grow up.

Would you walk into a team room, and start bitching the team guys out for the way they treat some cherry? We have set standards here. We have rules and norms, you might have taken a second to read around and absorb some of the environment before writing some passive aggressive bullshit.

We don't treat high schoolers like they are just kids here. Many of the "kids" want to join elite units. Mentorship begins with attention to detail, even in the smallest of things. We have had many site members who did follow our advice, and are either in various phases of training, or have made it and are actively serving in SOF.

You might have realized all this had you taken a step back and analyzed your environment.
I have walked into a team room and bitched on how they have treated other civilians on a compound. But you are right this is your world in here, in this site. And if that's how you think you get through to people by all means I'm not here to change any of your minds. But this site allowed me in to comment and I did. You all are pretty butt hurt kind of sensitive too for what I said. If what I say doesn't matter why all of you still entertaining the convo?

Many of the the men and women here are veterans of intense combat and multiple tours. They have learned to be direct in their dealings with people because it saves fucking time and cuts through the bullshit. They don't sugar-coat anything. Life is tough. The SF/SOF, and combat veterans on this site are not obligated to assuage the feelings of new posters. It doesn't hurt a high schooler to be told to clean up his act and conform to site rules.
As tough as you all are my words shouldn't have stricken a chord in you all. Don't sugar coat then. I didn't sugar coat but your all offended? Lol

Came on to strong? So shitting and disrespecting that kid wasn't too strong correct? Or maybe it's ok bc he isn't one of the well respected members on here? He's just a stupid kid with no grammar skills correct?

Hard stop.

This kid didn't get shit on. He got corrected. Rolling in 7 months later like a white knight to save his face is not normal.

Did you read the thousands of other posts where we mentored young men into the type that complete SOF selections?

@Carla, who fucking appointed you to come tell us how things should be done here? If you have information to share, share it and STFU. You just ran your mouth to some of the most respected members on here. Regardless who may have agreed or disagreed with you, you just made a shitload of people view you as a shitbird. Great situational awareness clown shoe, and welcome to the ignore list...
Oh god, what will I do now that you have hid behind the ignore button? Fuck me my life is destroyed. Dude get over yourself. I said it before ban me from the site, do what you have to do to find balance again. I will try to regroup and figure out a way to fight this unfair decision of banning me!!! (Sarcasm)
To get respect you earn it!

Part of today's problems in this world is people's inability to speak and communicate. Anyone who speaks their mind and states things as they truly are - are often deemed rude or too hard - if those things are covered with PC icing.

We are serious people who take life seriously and cut through he PC'ness and red tape of politeness. Thick skin is needed here...as it is in the "real" world. Many of us - if not most of us - disagree with the politically correct view of things. Many of us have different political views, but that doesn't matter because we still agree with saying things as they are.

No one here is rude for rude's sake, but if someone wants to be "patty caked" and ask a question where they don't want the "true" answer to be given...then they should ask their friend and not warriors who don't have time to be PC. We will mentor, but we will not patty cake someone.

Last edited:
Hard stop.

This kid didn't get shit on. He got corrected. Rolling in 7 months later like a white knight to save his face is not normal.

Did you read the thousands of other posts where we mentored young men into the type that complete SOF selections?
Correcting someone is not calling them stupid. You know what you are right I have to know my audience, I forgot brain washing and belittling is how most are taught to work like robots.

Part of today's problems in this world is people's inability to speak and communicate. Anyone who speaks their mind and states things as they truly are - are often deemed rude or too hard - if those things are covered with PC icing.

We are seriously people who take life seriously and cut through he PC'ness and red tape of politeness. Thick skin is needed here...as it is in the "real" world. Many of us - if not most of us - disagree with the politically correct view of things. Many of us have different political views, but that doesn't matter because we still agree with saying things as they are.

No one here is rude for rude's sake, but if someone wants to be "patty caked" and ask a question where they don't want the "true" answer to be given...then they should ask their friend and not warriors who don't have time to be PC. We will mentor, but we will not patty cake someone.

He asked a question, was his question answered by the ones I quoted?
No! At no point did I say we need to be gentle with him. I think I stated up above that to even apply to these positions mastering the English language is needed. It is important to be DIRECT. But there's a difference from being direct and telling people the truth to name calling and being brute with the delivery of the message being passed on.

@Carla
In your first post, you mentioned college level writing. Your punctuation and grammar make parts of your posts unintelligible, at best. If you paid better attention to dividing seperate subjects and verbs with punctuation, it would be better for the rest of us.

Out of curiosity and to add to your credibility, what and where is your experience with DSS?

You haven't earned it.
I don't need your respect nor am I offended by the lack of. Neither do I feel entitled because I hold a badge I have to be respected. People draw their conclusions. but seems here bc of the SF title there's an entitlement of some sort?

@Carla
In your first post, you mentioned college level writing. Your punctuation and grammar make parts of your posts unintelligible, at best. If you paid better attention to dividing seperate subjects and verbs with punctuation, it would be better for the rest of us.

Out of curiosity and to add to your credibility, what and where is your experience with DSS?
I'm not writing an essay nor turning in a paper for college, applying for a job or doing the BEX here. Maybe my lack of care to make a perfect writing piece for you all is apparent. But it's a rainy day here, day off, nothing good on tv, spouse is at work and I don't entertain other social media, your petty replies are entertaining.

I'm not writing an essay nor turning in a paper for college, applying for a job or doing the BEX here. Maybe my lack of care to make a perfect writing piece for you all is apparent. But it's a rainy day here, day off, nothing good on tv, spouse is at work and I don't entertain other social media, your petty replies are entertaining.
Wow, you're out to get everyone.

So where was it that you worked with DSS?

...sigh...

I really hope you "stop", regroup, get your vetting figured out, and then read the board for a while.

You took the time to sign up, send in vetting info, and post into this thread. Maybe you could become a regular contributor of solid info once you better understand the online community here?

I have walked into a team room and bitched on how they have treated other civilians on a compound. But you are right this is your world in here, in this site. And if that's how you think you get through to people by all means I'm not here to change any of your minds. But this site allowed me in to comment and I did. You all are pretty butt hurt kind of sensitive too for what I said. If what I say doesn't matter why all of you still entertaining the convo?

Butt hurt..........nope. If that was your aim, you missed. Spend some time reading posts, as @TLDR20 pointed out, and you will learn what this site is all about.

You have taken this thread and turned into something all about you. That is your aim, isn't it.

ETA: I'm done here.

...sigh...

I really hope you "stop", regroup, get your vetting figured out, and then read the board for a while.

You took the time to sign up, send in vetting info, and post into this thread. Maybe you could become a regular contributor of solid info once you better understand the online community here?
No I think I'm good. I think I gave the young man what he needed to know on what he asked. This has been fun. But takes up to much time. Same reason I don't do Facebook. Ppl get butt hurt to easily.

You all made it about me. You got stuck on the few things I said about name calling the kid and dismissed the info none could provide as far as MSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back