Fake Seal suspected....

I always thought it would be fun to work as a 911 dispatcher for a day.

911 what's your emergency?

"Yes I have X situation and need help"

I'm sorry we no longer cover X under emergency response, please call back during normal non-emergency business hours.

"But I need help"

Yeah sounds like you do, but unfortunately the people who deal with X situation had their hours cut back and are no longer available during emergency business hours.

"You can't do that, I pay my taxes"

Please hold while I transfer your call to the city tax clerk.

}:-) I would have fun for a day...

I was a SEAL on a super secret mission to the moon to fight giant lunar salamaders.....now I'm Jason Bourne

HR vetting military experience is going to be driven by how much your military background corresponds to the job your applying for. If you were an AP mechanic in the service and your applying for a civilian AP mechanic position they are going to be all up in your military experience. If you were a grunt/secret black squirrel and now applying to work in a cube farm for a major insurance provider they're probably not going to spend two seconds investigating your military background.

HR vetting military experience is going to be driven by how much your military background corresponds to the job your applying for. If you were an AP mechanic in the service and your applying for a civilian AP mechanic position they are going to be all up in your military experience. If you were a grunt/secret black squirrel and now applying to work in a cube farm for a major insurance provider they're probably not going to spend two seconds investigating your military background.
It is more common to see this sort of thing in the aviation sector just because wing side is so qual heavy, but this can apply to any job. If you're applying for a job and your military experience isn't directly applicable, there really isn't a need to go further. That being said, vetting should be common practice regardless. All it takes is a DD-214. If you really wanted to get fancy, you can include some of your citations, schools, etc.

Back