Feds

"Much more significant threats" compared to this?!:

... Please, please show and explain to us where these "much more significant" threats are in a way that justifies isolationist primary concerns..
We have 12 pages here. You're clearly not going to agree with me and I'm unlikely to agree with you. So, I'll just leave it here.

As I stated, there were some individuals that crossed the line but most didn't, not even close; that's not an insurrection.

I gave you a couple examples of the more serious threats that have largely gone unpunished. In addition, to threats against SCOTUS, we can add the outright refusal of a sitting Governor to adhere to the Constitution.

This pic is of actual rioters buring down a police station with officers in it. They burned down over $1B in business in this city alone. It was a catalyst that's led to a 3 year spike in crime around the country that threatens our legal system.
Screenshot_20230911_163005_Chrome.jpg

We have such a massive influx of illegal immigrants at our Southern border that when even a small number of these are bussed to a "sanctuary" city, they cry that it's destroying them. Yet, no action is taken for ideological reasons.

People who have opinions that differ from the ruling party are being silenced, careers ended, and imprisoned...simply for having a non-conforming viewpoint. History books are filled with the repercussions of such actions.

We have politicized a Federal law agency to the point that many no longer trust it as you've seen in posts above.

These are all serious threats that undermine our democracy far more than a single few hour event on Jan 6. But, with that said, I expect you support putting each person here should also receive 22 year prison sentences, right?

Last edited:
I thought the folks in the above picture where just peaceful protestors?

For fuck sake - how can they even be rioters when seven or eight of our most prominent democratic federal politicians literally dropped to their knes in support of those protestors (totally not rioters) including the current VP that suggested there needed to be MORE of these 'peaceful protests'

I'm as confused as a one legged hermaphrodite in a butt fucking contest - rioters protestors - what difference at this point does it make??

Not sure what's not accurate about it. His crime is what? One of thought? This is some whataboutery, but if this dude gets 22 years Byron gets arrested tomorrow for his crimes and get tried with his shit bird son on national tv. But we know that will never happen and he will never face justice. But we're putting people away for ten years for traipsing in the Capital? Yeesh.

It's inaccurate because the Tweet (do we still call them Tweets now?) in the post said 33 years. That's not what he was sentenced to.

We should do better. Senators no longer have to abide by a dress code because Fetterman.

Senate to no longer enforce dress code for senators
I'm certainly not the world's biggest advocate for dress codes, but sometimes you gotta do it and it's not too much to ask for a sitting member of Congress to do a lot better than the "I gave up on life" look of a hoodie and basketball/sweatshorts.

I think appearance is important, especially when you get paid to represent a nation, and see this as lowering the standards for one ass clown just to insure you get his vote. He has refused to wear proper attire. You can always make adjustments to the code but how about we just hold him to a higher standard?

Apparently, this will allow members to come straight from the gym to vote. I get that, but I think the expectations for daily appearance for a US representative should be fairly stringent.

I think appearance is important, especially when you get paid to represent a nation, and see this as lowering the standards for one ass clown just to insure you get his vote. He has refused to wear proper attire. You can always make adjustments to the code but how about we just hold him to a higher standard?

Apparently, this will allow members to come straight from the gym to vote. I get that, but I think the expectations for daily appearance for a US representative should be fairly stringent.

Hell, I'd take business casual over someone with a Bill Belichik hoodie fetish.

I'm in favor of the move.

It allows the WORLD to see our current structure for what it really is. Senator Fetterman is the first "true" face of federal US polyticks in my lifetime.

It's fun to pretend that decent morally upright men and women of character wont get drunk, drive their car into a river, and then leave the scene while a young woman drowns because she was tapped in the car. It's fun to pretend that decent morally upright men and women don't cheat on their spouses, negotiate deals with terrorists, embezzle from the public coffers, and abuse their power for personal profit and enrichment. It's fun to pretend that decent morally upright men and women don't write laws specifically designed to enrich their own lives while oppressing their countrymen.
...but it's not the truth.

The truth is, these morally corrupt cocksuckers in permanent DC are only wearing a costume - underneath those bespoke suits, botox shots, off shore bank accounts, and botched facelifts are the hearts and souls of a bunch of hoodie wearing thugs.
...and so be it.

Last edited:
Is it just a coincidence that you used a snap snot of a "mobster"as an example of the new "Senate Casual Chic" dress code, or am I just reading too much into your post?

Before you answer - just consider:
Lefty was a man about town. He may look as though he has no fashion sense because of his red track suit and wife beater t-shirt but there was far more to Lefty Ruggiero than just a track suit and a wife beater t-shirt...
Context my friend.
Context.

Lefty is a cultured man - he is relaxing at home with friends and family - that is why he is wearing a track suit. This was the only time in the entire movie that he was dressed casually and haphazardly. Don't forget, it is Christmas and he DID just finish slaving over a hot stove - preparing a delicious meal of home cooked coq au vin - no small task if you spend any time in the kitchen. It's not like he is wearing gym shorts, sandals, and a hoodie while holding a press conference.

Hell - Lefty even got dressed up just to kill some dudes and then cut them up with a hack saw to facilitate disposing of the bodies...
-Style
-Panache
-Self Respect
Sure, Lefty may have been a beleaguered gangster that never managed to get his own crew - but even when this fucking guy was bashing open parking meters with a ball peen hammer to earn money for his boss - he combed his hair, put on some decent clothes, and adorned himself with expensive jewelry.
- He has a diamond ring, a gold chain with a medallion, and while you can't see it in "your" photo - he's wearing a Cartier watch on a multi-toned gold bracelet.

Lefty dedicated his life to his cause. Years of loyal service have helped him to earn wealth and clout. Lefty NEVER lets his rough and tumble lifestyle compromise his style. Sure - he is a criminal and his actions have directly resulted in the deaths of at LEAST 23 people that we know of - but his actions are sanctioned by his profession. Gangsters (just like politicians) are continuously beset by ambiguous situation that require logical thinking, difficult decisions, and an attention to detail that many of us take for granted.

I can't just bash the fine folks of the senate for wanting to come to work in a hoodie while I sit back and yearn for a bespectacled firebrand representative, scantily clad in a sparkling gold mini skirt.
That would make me a hypocrite - fuhgeddaboudit !!

Last edited:
Rant inbound.

What's his reason for needing to NOT wear a suit? He had depression and wears hearing aids? Those are the only conditions mentioned in the article.

I'm in a wheelchair, as most know, and my legs are useless. It's a pain to put on dress clothes. As I imagine it was for someone like like Sen. Mark Kirk after his stroke.

I don't go around in sweats. I still put on polos, or shirts that are tucked into dress-y pants. I'm not in a profession where suits are worn. However, when I've been in court or high level business meetings, you're damn right I dress up.

This guy is a representative of millions of people, on the world stage. He can't be troubled to get dressed in the morning? And, his leadership is supportive of his laziness and apathy?

Wtf...Do better America.

The guy is a representative of the people from Pennsylvania
Nothing more nothing less

I have roots in Bedford- but that doesn’t change the fact that he is REPRESENTATIVE of the people of Pennsylvania

THIS.IS.THE.BEST.THAT.PENNSYLVANIA.HAS.TO.OFFER.

If folks don’t like being painted with a broad brush - stay away from the fucking paint can.

Back