Not Work Safe Grizzly attack in Billings, Montana - (gory pics)

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
As you fall walkers and hunters get ready to his the woods, stay aware!
This guy seems like he knew what he was doing and still got the shit kicked out of him. He was carrying a pistol, but never got a chance to use it.

Any of you "knife guys" know of him?

Montana hiker shares Facebook post after being attacked twice but a mother bear | Daily Mail Online

His Facebook post about the attack is pretty long, so instead of posting the full text I'm linking his post:

L I N K T O P O S T

A knifemaker was attacked twice by a mother bear in Montana - and lived to tell the tale on Facebook.

Todd Orr, 50, wrote a post on Sunday describing his terrifying bear encounter the day before.

He was hiking near Ennis, Montana when he spotted the grizzly bear and her cubs on the trail in an open meadow.

Orr had been careful to holler 'Hey bear' every 30 seconds to signal himself and avoid surprising any bears. But the mother bear charged him anyway.

upload_2016-10-3_6-34-35.png

It is remarkable that he survived the encounters, especially with a brown bear. His wounds are impressive, and this will wake him up at night, for years to come.

Last edited:
Had a couple attacks this year up in/near Glacier as well. 1 killed (off duty police officer riding his mountain bike with a friend just a few miles outside the West entrance) and the one just a month or so ago with minor injuries (an off duty park worker picking huckleberries...escaped with just some minor cuts/bruises).

Last edited:
What's that T-Rex skit, "I'm so bad that if you ever see me fighting a bear, you had better jump in and help the bear"...

Yeah, NO! Bear spray ain't got shit on 12g slugs, and this guy, ain't going hands on with no fucking bear, black, brown, fluffy white Polar bear in coke cola commercial...Not a chance in hell, I'd rather be dropped off in ISIS controlled Syria without a weapon and a gay pride flag, than fuck with a bear...

Back