I started playing golf again.......

Bypass

Evil Genius
Verified SOF
I have lost 10 pounds in the last two weeks with a little eating better and the exercise I am getting on the course.

Loving it. I wish I had started sooner.

You can do it too. I'm hoping to drop a hundred pounds by next year at this time. Anyways as my golf game is improving my fat ass is disappearing. Win win.

Golfing, whether you cart or walk is a lot of exercise and you use a lot of muscles. As long as you're not drinking 10 beers during a round it's good for the "old man fitness". A great uncle of mine used to golf everyday on some amazing SoCal courses. Fit as hell, only thing that took him from this world was heart break from losing my aunt when she passed.

Golfing, whether you cart or walk is a lot of exercise and you use a lot of muscles. As long as you're not drinking 10 beers during a round it's good for the "old man fitness". A great uncle of mine used to golf everyday on some amazing SoCal courses. Fit as hell, only thing that took him from this world was heart break from losing my aunt when she passed.
Always thought golf was a drinking game....who knew

It would be easy for me to say stuff like, Golf wastes water, Golf is for rich guys with too much time, Golf in Vegas is like sticking your whole body in a convection oven for several hours a day and calling it healthy.

But the real truth is, I just suck at it. Can't hit that little ball for nuthin' Maybe I'm too close to the ground. Lots of grass goes flying.

I do enjoy it a lot. I've been playing it ever since I was in 2nd grade. Spent a lot of time on the golf course with my father and my siblings and I cherish the chances I've had to play with them. The only good thing about COVID was the fact that I could come home and play golf with my family again, even if it's socially distanced. Plus, it's great to walk 18 holes in sweltering heat because I do need to get used to hot and humid summers. All due respect to Polar Bear, I have no idea how anyone can drink and play golf.

I do enjoy it a lot. I've been playing it ever since I was in 2nd grade. Spent a lot of time on the golf course with my father and my siblings and I cherish the chances I've had to play with them. The only good thing about COVID was the fact that I could come home and play golf with my family again, even if it's socially distanced. Plus, it's great to walk 18 holes in sweltering heat because I do need to get used to hot and humid summers. All due respect to Polar Bear, I have no idea how anyone can drink and play golf.
Your problem is that you're good at golf. We're not.

4 Iron is a tough club to hit. I have a thought time hitting anything above a 6 iron. I can often hit my 7 iron further than a 4, just due to the ball flight.
I don't think you're alone in that. Most golfers have a difficult time hitting lower lofted clubs, which is why hybrids have become so popular.

I used to golf, enjoyed it. Was a solid "OK-to-decent." My favorite club was a 5 iron, but yeah, those mid/low-loft clubs can be difficult. My Achilles heel are clubs. I'd rather just play irons.

Back