Joining the army looking for advice

Calichamp105

Unverified
Im in the process of joining the army. I was to old for an 18x contract. . So im thinking of joining with an 11x contract with airborne if its available. . I was offered 11x with 40 option but i have my heart set on Special Forces (18mos).. my question is.. what would be the earliest i can drop a request to try out for SF, and what would be the timeline? Its important to me because i will be leaving my old life and starting a new one serving my country (as many have before me and many will after me). I want to know as much as i could to be better prepared. Thanks for tour time..

So, obligatory obviously not a special forces soldier or in the army. But as a fellow civilian who is in the process, maybe start here: Special Forces Qualifications and Benefits That lists most of the requirements for enlisted personnel or officers who would like to become a Special Forces soldier/officer. Try to pick some of the information out that you need. Also I will assist you here and help those that probably don't want to spend time taking a good while to decipher your post with a tl;dr:
What would be the earliest time that you can drop a packet for Special Forces after reaching your first duty station?
What is the general order of a SF pipeline, and how long does it usually take?
Most of the other timelines you can find with a simple google search and simple addition. I am also going to ask that in the future you try your hardest to take your time and write with proper grammar, nobody is perfect but your message was relatively hard to decipher with all of the grammatical errors. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Back