Language training for AFSOC OPERATORS

Punjabi5

Army
Verified Military
Hello I am sorry I have looked through all of the forums for PARARESCUE and CCT and I am enjoying all the information written up but was curious if any AFSOC do any sort of Language training? I understand it is not a Force Multiplier like SPECIAL FORCES but was curious if one would like yo apply for further language training to DLI after finishing INDOC is it possible? I myself speak Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu but do not read or write because i am born and raised in America but my parents are from a Punjabi Sikh background so was curious if it was possible to help even though I cannot read or write but understand fluently. Thank you.

Reading and writing would probably come pretty easily, if I were you, I would figure it out myself (the internet is your friend).

Have you not considered MARSOC or Special Forces where your language would be much more of an asset?

Hello I am sorry I have looked through all of the forums for PARARESCUE and CCT and I am enjoying all the information written up but was curious if any AFSOC do any sort of Language training? I understand it is not a Force Multiplier like SPECIAL FORCES but was curious if one would like yo apply for further language training to DLI after finishing INDOC is it possible? I myself speak Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu but do not read or write because i am born and raised in America but my parents are from a Punjabi Sikh background so was curious if it was possible to help even though I cannot read or write but understand fluently. Thank you.
Yeah- I mean, for our mission set speaking another language is a novelty that may/may not ever be actually useful- which is the reason why it's not listed as an additional qual/skillset/need ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET OR IN ANY PUBLICATION ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET.

We are critically manned in the most literal sense of the world. Ridiculously so. If you actually think that a career field of 500 (or so) with more requests for support than we can handle would be able to just chop dudes to Cali for 6 months, that sort of makes me think you didn't do any actual study into the mission set or published information.

I wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time out to reply to my question and I wanted to first reply to Etype and say I actually wanted to join SPECIAL FORCES as in my previous introduction my older brother passed away and his dream was always to join SF but after taking my ASVAB 4 times I got a pretty good score but not good enough for an 18X RAY Contract though so I have decided if I could not do SF the only other Profession I saw myself doing is being a PARARESCUEMEN.

AMLOVE21 Thank you for your insight I could see how it is not important. It honestly does not matter I just hope I get the chance to dawn the Maroon Beret one day. Thank you again and sorry if I am asking a dumb question and offending you if I have.

Raksasa Kotor, I wanted to say thank you for showing me about Combat Aviation Advisor I really love what that Specialty Code is about. It reminds me of ARMY SF in a lot of ways. I Understand you have to serve a little bit before you can go into that Specialty Code which is something in the future I definitely will think of.

Thank you all for your replies.

Yeah- I mean, for our mission set speaking another language is a novelty that may/may not ever be actually useful- which is the reason why it's not listed as an additional qual/skillset/need ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET OR IN ANY PUBLICATION ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET.

We are critically manned in the most literal sense of the world. Ridiculously so. If you actually think that a career field of 500 (or so) with more requests for support than we can handle would be able to just chop dudes to Cali for 6 months, that sort of makes me think you didn't do any actual study into the mission set or published information.
AMLOVE21 Thank you for your insight I could see how it is not important. It honestly does not matter I just hope I get the chance to dawn the Maroon Beret one day. Thank you again and sorry if I am asking a dumb question and offending you if I have.

Reading and writing would probably come pretty easily, if I were you, I would figure it out myself (the internet is your friend).

Have you not considered MARSOC or Special Forces where your language would be much more of an asset?
I wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time out to reply to my question and I wanted to first reply to Etype and say I actually wanted to join SPECIAL FORCES as in my previous introduction my older brother passed away and his dream was always to join SF but after taking my ASVAB 4 times I got a pretty good score but not good enough for an 18X RAY Contract though so I have decided if I could not do SF the only other Profession I saw myself doing is being a PARARESCUEMEN.

What was your GT score?

Back