Military documentaries

Pharaoh19XX

Unverified
Why aren't there any documentries like Restrepo that show what it is really like to be in a warzone and see a glimspe of what happens day in and day out?

Maybe not Docs but between Bomb Patrol, Inside Combat Rescue, Battleground Afghanistan and a ton of other shows Discovery and Nat Geo have aired.. I think theres been a decent representation as of late.

Allot more than you would have seen about SE Asia were you watching TV in the 60's or 70's..

Sorry didn't watch that one but i watched platoon.

I think he meant to be funny. That was an awesome response by the way.

As far as documentaries go there's a few about Marines. Patrol Base Jaker, To Hell and Back, Battle for Marjah and on SS there's one as well. That's just on Afghanistan. There's a bunch about Iraq as well

There was an Afghan who, for all intents and purposes, looked like he was 8. He was actually 20. Smoked cigarettes and everything. According the documentary, the Taliban killed him.

There was an Afghan who, for all intents and purposes, looked like he was 8. He was actually 20. Smoked cigarettes and everything. According the documentary, the Taliban killed him.
You forgot to mention he was the coolest man child ever. I think he died because his little body couldn't handle his badassery.

IMO, keep the war on the battlefield. If people want to see what war is like, join the infantry. I'm sick and tired of people backseat quarterbacking the war because they watched a few TV shows.

So I guess my overall response...why?

Back