mission ready after pipeline?

Quillin

Unverified
Is there a mission ready period you go through after the pipeline? If so does this happen once you are at your permanent base? Approx how long is it before you are allowed to be deployed?

Relax. I searched the forms and didn't come up with anything. If you want to be helpful then respond. If you want to continue to try and be clever just move along.

This post is a bucket of fail.

@SkrewzLoose you could have made your point without the snark.

Both of you knock it off.

Sooooooo, how are things going? Pararescue question eh? Lemme just read this thread and see whats going on.

*reads*

Well. I'll just move this right along, @Freefalling said it well enough for the both of you. Both of you could take about 2 seconds before you reply.

@Quillin I'll assume that you don't know what you don't know, so your question seems valid enough. However, just think about your question. Really explore it for a second.

Yes, you will spend the better part of 2 years of your life preparing to do the PR mission as a PJ/CRO trainee. You will have the world's best instructing you, and you will be well prepared. And when you graduate- you will be a hard charging, in shape E4/O1 with zero experience outside of safe, slow, simulated training. Does it make any sense to throw you into a deployment right away? Wouldn't it make more sense to get you (and your family) to your unit, ensure your skills are up to par and you're actually current on the myriad of tasks we have to master, and let you gel with your new team (where you are the new guy and your opinion doesn't count) for a bit?

Do you know of any job- any complex job in the world- where they take an entry level applicant on their first day of work and expect them to perform in the most unforgiving of circumstances? Would it logically follow that any special operations team would behave that way?

I know you're curious. You should be, if you plan on dedicating your life to a pursuit. However, you're flirting between curious about stuff way out in your future (what @SkrewzLoose was getting at, although a little poorly) and being flippant. I can only deal with one of those at a time. You've got no cred here, just like you'll have no cred when you get to your team.

I suggest you act like a new PJ would. Be quiet more. Talk less. Pay attention and solve your own problems without being told to do so. When corrected, watch your tone.

Hope I answered your question.

Is there a mission ready period you go through after the pipeline? If so does this happen once you are at your permanent base? Approx how long is it before you are allowed to be deployed?
Most AF units have a local upgrade policy.
So yes, the guys who make it out of the pipeline will have to learn some local procedures, every AFSC has them.

Speaking from my experience as a CRO trainer at an active RQS: you will go through green team during which you will go over a lot of the things you covered in the pipeline. You will also get qualified with things you haven't done yet (like RAMZ) and become familiar with unit specific SOPs. As a general rule, you can't deploy until you've completed green team.

This may vary unit to unit and I can't speak specifically to what goes on during green team as my only experience with it has been in a support role.

Speaking from my experience as a CRO trainer at an active RQS: you will go through green team during which you will go over a lot of the things you covered in the pipeline. You will also get qualified with things you haven't done yet (like RAMZ) and become familiar with unit specific SOPs. As a general rule, you can't deploy until you've completed green team.

This may vary unit to unit and I can't speak specifically to what goes on during green team as my only experience with it has been in a support role.

Trainee* not trainer. Thanks autocorrect

Back