My Random TV Thread

Yeah, BBC seasons are strange. How do you call 3 episodes a season?
The same way they screw over us Whovians with the 6 episode seasons spread out over a year. It is ridiculous.

The Last Ship is another good show that is showing some serious potential.

I want to get into Falling Skies, but I can't find the entire series up to this point in order to get caught up.

The Last Ship is another good show that is showing some serious potential.

It is a little hokey at times, and I think anyone looking for strict realism in a show of that nature is wound a little too tight, but overall I like it. I think it does a respectable job (I say this having never been a Sailor) of portraying a captain's absolute and rather lonely status/ command. I didn't read the book it was based on and could care less, so any differences there are lost on me. At least they found someone close to Kate Beckinsale to play the lead female role, so all is well.

I did laugh at the "We're going to Mayport because the CDC has a lab there" which was followed later in the same episode by "It's 200 miles to the lab...".

It is an entertaining show.

At least they found someone close to Kate Beckinsale to play the lead female role, so all is well..

Well they both were in the Underworld films ;-)

I've watched the first few episodes of Last Ship, it's an entertaining way to kill an hour (I fully admit to being an Adam Baldwin fan though). I just started The Leftovers, no real opinion on it yet though.

A few inaccuracies regarding The Last Ship.
-The Triad (CO, XO, CMC) would not be the only ones rolling around the ship in NWU while everyone else wears coveralls
-The CO would not be running around Gitmo with battle rattle and guns looking for whatever it is they're looking for
-WTF do the CO & XO look like they could be brothers? Weird.

I suppose I'm wound a bit too tight. :D

I watched True Detective in like 2 or 3 days. Holy Shit! One of the better shows I have seen.

Finished "The Wire." Holy fuck that's a great show. And with some great quotes.

"Omar don't scare" and "you can't call this shit a war. Wars end" stand out for me.

I also bought True Detective season 1 DVDs and enjoyed the show more with every viewing.

A few inaccuracies regarding The Last Ship.
-The CO would not be running around Gitmo with battle rattle and guns looking for whatever it is they're looking for

If it makes you feel any better, even I laughed at the latest episode: The CO and XO are both in the same RHIB with the XO manning a 240 in the bow.

"We're gonna' send all of the leadership ashore."
"Shouldn't we put them in the same boat?"
"Brilliant! That way they can talk and stuff."
"Should we put any shooters with them?"
"Why? That's the CO and XO! They can kill anything with a FITREP and an icy glare."

If it makes you feel any better, even I laughed at the latest episode: The CO and XO are both in the same RHIB with the XO manning a 240 in the bow.

"We're gonna' send all of the leadership ashore."
"Shouldn't we put them in the same boat?"
"Brilliant! That way they can talk and stuff."
"Should we put any shooters with them?"
"Why? That's the CO and XO! They can kill anything with a FITREP and an icy glare."
I'm feeling better about giving up after 20 minutes of that one episode...

Sorry, I misspoke in my example above. The CO, XO, and CMC were in a RHIB WITH THE ONLY COMM GUY WHO HAD THE ONLY RADIO while the shooters and the hot doctor sat in the other RHIB. The Underpants Gnomes planned that away team.
WTactualF? :-/
Funny thing is, the ship they used is the ship that my current ship did a hull swap (exchange ships, crew remains with a few exceptions based on rate) with in January of 2013. So, some of the crew here are extras in the show. I guarantee you some of these mouth breathers are at home watching this and whacking off.

New guilty pleasure: the recently premiered Epic Meal Empire on FYI Network. I love watching their Epic Meal Time webisodes (especially when they run up the calorie counter), and I've been amused with the two TV episodes that are out so far.

Back