Officer - Color Vision - Spec Ops:

Grey-man

Unverified
To Whom It May Concern,

I am currently a committed USAFA Appointee who is trying to find career options in the Air Force that do not involve riding a desk and preferably involve jumping out of a plane.

Problem: My vision is 20/05 (better than 20/20, the doctor does not have anything smaller to show me for testing) however, I cannot meet color vision standards. Research indicates that the Test USAF uses is the Rabin CCT. I scheduled an appointment with a civilian doc to take the test. Although I can see all three spectrums tested, I cannot pass the Red spectrum with a high enough score to qualify for rated positions.

All my research seems to indicate that all USAF Spec Ops is off-limits for officers who cannot pass the color vision test.

I have seen that is possible for PJs to receive color vision waivers. Is it possible for a CRO to get a color vision waiver? Is there anyone on here who would know the ins and outs of USAF Officer Spec Ops color vision-related items? If not, does anyone know USAF jobs that do not involve a desk that I can qualify for? (Otherwise, I might just have to knock a few walls over and lateral transfer to USMC or Army Ground)

Thanks for the heads up brother. I got it.

To Whom It May Concern,

I am currently a committed USAFA Appointee who is trying to find career options in the Air Force that do not involve riding a desk and preferably involve jumping out of a plane.

Problem: My vision is 20/05 (better than 20/20, the doctor does not have anything smaller to show me for testing) however, I cannot meet color vision standards. Research indicates that the Test USAF uses is the Rabin CCT. I scheduled an appointment with a civilian doc to take the test. Although I can see all three spectrums tested, I cannot pass the Red spectrum with a high enough score to qualify for rated positions.

All my research seems to indicate that all USAF Spec Ops is off-limits for officers who cannot pass the color vision test.

I have seen that is possible for PJs to receive color vision waivers. Is it possible for a CRO to get a color vision waiver? Is there anyone on here who would know the ins and outs of USAF Officer Spec Ops color vision-related items? If not, does anyone know USAF jobs that do not involve a desk that I can qualify for? (Otherwise, I might just have to knock a few walls over and lateral transfer to USMC or Army Ground)
Sup dude. I got you. Send me a dm, we will go from there.

Back