PJ's in the News (129th RQW)

AWP

SOF Support
Just WHYYYYYYYYYYY :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

I will never, ever, ever understand how this happens. The people doing the story are TALKING TO THE CHAIN OF COMMAND FROM MOFFETT. Just google "Pararescue", for fuck's sake. Take the definition off of the FIRST SEARCH RESULT.

Great job to Moffett and the 129th.

I was going to post the paramedic/SEALs quote when I saw it but I didn't want to antagonize the PJ's on the board.

But it is still fun to see their expected reactions to these dum@ss "quotes".:p

Great job by the boys in the 129th regardless of the stupid reporting.
Yeah, it's one of those things- I know why people make the quote, I get it and it shouldn't piss me off.

But it does, Scott. It just makes me so mad. And I can't stop it. The rage just boils in my loins until I can no longer contain the anger.

This is a great story. Glad they were able to get to the little girl. And PJs are as equally badass as SEALs, IMO. 8-):D

Yeah, it's one of those things- I know why people make the quote, I get it and it shouldn't piss me off.

But it does, Scott. It just makes me so mad. And I can't stop it. The rage just boils in my loins until I can no longer contain the anger.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be recognized for what you do. It understandable to be a little bit bitter about being recognized for what others do. Nobody is out there talking about how an SF Medical Sargent is the Army version of the PJ and I'm sure if someone was dumb enough to write that we would hear plenty of howling coming from those guys as well.

The rage just boils in my loins until I can no longer contain the anger.

We should start a raffle for the right to use one member's quote in another member's signature, because that should be worth some money.

they only compare them to SEALs because of the hair and hair product usage... otherwise, they're nothing like SEALs.

Perhaps it was the latest Captain America movie: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier causing the comparison? The new flick is set 2 years after the events of the huge Avengers flick of 2012. Steve Rogers aka Captain America is currently residing in Washington,D.C. He meets and befriends former Pararescue war veteran and PTSD counselor, Sam Wilson aka The Falcon.

Away from the BS, this mission history may be of interest:

This type of parachute mission has been “routinely” accomplished by PJs during the brightest of days and the darkest of nights since the 1960s.

The first night parachute rescue happened 800 miles east of Guam in 1966 by three PJs to medically treat and care for a merchant seaman suffering from a ruptured appendix for a few days.

The first parachute jump to a submarine was to the USS Barbel during February 1967 to aid a sailor having seizures and a Navy corpsman needed assistance. The skipper of Barbel gave written official testimony of this being the most outstanding response he ever witnessed.

PJs did the parachute jump to Aurora 7 (Scott Carpenter) when it landed 250 miles from the intended target area on 24 May 1962.

PJs did the parachute jump to Gemini 8 (Neil Armstrong and David Scott) when it landed 58 miles from the closest Naval vessel on 16 March 1966.

On those occasions Corona Project satellites went into the ocean and were not in an area to be spotted by and recovered by US Navy vessels or midair retrieved while descending under parachute by aircraft, two PJs would parachute into the ocean. There are several documented instances of PJs floating in one man life rafts (ML-4 survival kit) or a seven man like raft (MA-1/2 Kit) overnight waiting for a US Naval vessel to recover them before the Soviets did. The ML-4 is a one man survival kit contains a one man life raft and required survival equipment for over-land or over-water survival situations. Designed for attachment to the standard military emergency bailout and troop style parachute harness. The MA-1/2 sea rescue kit was two connected rafts (two 7-man or two 20-man) air dropped to survivors or PJs in the water. The survival equipment was a bit more robust in drinking water, food, radios than could fit in the ML-4 survival kit.

A bit of RAMZ history. That is the bundle that went out before the jumpers.

Back