Question about SOCM Clinical Rotations

Rdsammy4

Unverified
Hey, I may be in the wrong section to post this but my question is, do SOCM students doing their clinical rotations have a paramedic scope of practice? Since they only receive EMT-B certifications at the start of SOCM, can they still work as a paramedic despite not necessarily taking the NREMTP Exam? Sorry if this is a confusing question, I'm not entirely sure how to word it. Basically, what is their scope of practice during their clinical rotations? Thank you!

Keep your eyes on the 25 m targets, worry about getting through basic, A school, first duty assignment, and then SOCM.

Your cart and horse are on different continents at the moment.

Should you make it to SOCM, your scope of practice will be well defined if you make it to clinical rotations, and you'll have Clinical directors who will make sure that you are trained and aware of your limits.

You've taken the first step in a long journey, you'll have multiple hurdles and obstacles before you get to the area you're thinking about now. Hell, you still need to finish high school at the moment.

That's a great point. Thanks for the reply! Just idle curiosity. But you're 100% correct and I'll focus on the task at hand.

Back