Questions from an aspiring SEAL

NHoskins

Unverified
First off I am new here and not 100% clear of the forum rules, so if I break any please let me know and I will fix them.
Questions:
1. Do SEALS do diving training often even though most of the action is in the middle east?
2. Now that the war in Afghanistan is over are you likely to see combat?
3. What is the average deployment tempo like?
4. How can you train for the 50m underwater?

First off I am new here and not 100% clear of the forum rules, so if I break any please let me know and I will fix them.
Questions:
1. Do SEALS do diving training often even though most of the action is in the middle east?
2. Now that the war in Afghanistan is over are you likely to see combat?
3. What is the average deployment tempo like?
4. How can you train for the 50m underwater?

What have you done to have these questions answered yourself? E.G. have you used the search function? Have you read the numerous threads in this forum? Have you used google?

What have you done to have these questions answered yourself? E.G. have you used the search function? Have you read the numerous threads in this forum? Have you used google?
I searched google, and found some outdated and contradicting info one questions 1-3. I've read many SEAL books but those either didnt cover the questioms or are Vietnam and early iraq time frame so things might have changed (I was trying to get recent info) I also asked my father who was a SEAL in the 80's&90's, but he said that what they did then might have changed to what they do post 9/11. And I've read a few threads but couldn't find the answers.

The only way to find out for sure is to volunteer and go to BUD/S.
Thanks, I plan on doing so after a year of community college. I was justing wanting to get an idea of life in the teams, there was only so much I could find out by reading books and asking my father. I figured I would see if there where any SEALS on here who would be willing to share(without violating OPSEC of course).

Thanks, I plan on doing so after a year of community college. I was justing wanting to get an idea of life in the teams, there was only so much I could find out by reading books and asking my father. I figured I would see if there where any SEALS on here who would be willing to share(without violating OPSEC of course).

There are a lot of threads in the SEAL section. Start reading. Let us know when you've gone through them ALL.

Back