Ronda Rousey- best MMA Fighter Ever?

I am kinda surprised she is retirng. Why? One loss and that's it?

I'm not surprised at all. She had her face cave in with a kick and needed surgery. She then spent the next 18 months not working out and sparring. Whereas Paige VanZant lost, she went on Dancing With the Stars and spent everyday in the gym training for her next fight. Rousey has shown she is not the fighter she was .

Discuss.

I don't think there is an argument against that statement. She is only getting better (well, faster anyway) at finishing opponents and rounding her game out.

Holm looks nowhere near ready to challenge, and she's beaten the top 5 contenders.

Rousey might be a prime example why Hall of Fames have a waiting period before being eligible for induction. @amlove21 , do you still believe that she is the best ever? I saw this story today and just shook my head, how sad that it has come to this.

Report: Ronda Rousey Needed To Be 'Consoled' After Amanda Nunes Face-Off

After Nunes and Rousey finished up their stare-down Joe Rogan would interview the champ Nunes while ‘The Rowdy One’ would storm off of the stage and return backstage. UFC President Dana White blamed a production screw up for Rousey’s abrupt departure, but MMA Fighting’s Dave Meltzer is reporting that was actually upset after the confrontation and needed ‘consoled’:

Rousey might be a prime example why Hall of Fames have a waiting period before being eligible for induction. @amlove21 , do you still believe that she is the best ever? I saw this story today and just shook my head, how sad that it has come to this.

Report: Ronda Rousey Needed To Be 'Consoled' After Amanda Nunes Face-Off

After Nunes and Rousey finished up their stare-down Joe Rogan would interview the champ Nunes while ‘The Rowdy One’ would storm off of the stage and return backstage. UFC President Dana White blamed a production screw up for Rousey’s abrupt departure, but MMA Fighting’s Dave Meltzer is reporting that was actually upset after the confrontation and needed ‘consoled’:
Well, I suppose the jury is still out. If Ronday comes back and gets the belt and goes on another 7-8 fight defense streak and retires after that? Sure.

If she gets knocked out by Nunes (a real, REAL possibility) in 2 rounds and retires? Well, she still had a meteoric rise and was one of the best female fighters we have seen until this point, but maybe not the best ever.

ETA- Accidentally got stupid. Fixed it.

Well, I suppose the jury is still out. If Ronday comes back and gets the belt and goes on another 7-8 fight defense streak and retires after that? Sure.

If she gets knocked out by Nunes (a real, REAL possibility) in 2 rounds and retires? Well, she still had a meteoric rise and was one of the best female fighters we have seen until this point, but maybe not the best ever.

ETA- Accidentally got stupid. Fixed it.

I agree 100%, but think even if she regains the belt, she will probably only fight 4-5 more fights. She has stated a few times that she wouldn't fight past 30-31 years of age, she is 29 now. I think if she breaks Nunes arm (which I think will be likely her plan of attack, fall back to what worked best), there will be a rematch with Holly and if she wins that, possibly a rubber match down the road aways. If Nunes knocks Ronda out I fully expect her to retire and fade away.

I agree 100%, but think even if she regains the belt, she will probably only fight 4-5 more fights. She has stated a few times that she wouldn't fight past 30-31 years of age, she is 29 now. I think if she breaks Nunes arm (which I think will be likely her plan of attack, fall back to what worked best), there will be a rematch with Holly and if she wins that, possibly a rubber match down the road aways. If Nunes knocks Ronda out I fully expect her to retire and fade away.
Yeah we will see. I think Nunes wins regardless, that's just my call. Anything can happen though.

I've never seen Ronda this conditioned:

Based on that video sh had to have added, ball park 10lbs of muscle. Wonder what her camp weight started at, because that's the best we've seen her.

I've never seen Ronda this conditioned:

Based on that video sh had to have added, ball park 10lbs of muscle. Wonder what her camp weight started at, because that's the best we've seen her.
She looks more conditioned and less cocky, and coming from the guy who bet and won a good amount on Holm in her last fight, my money is on Ronda to straight whip Nunes' ass within the first round.

I'll eat all of these words if she doesn't finish her by the second round.

Who cares if she looks in better shape? Whatever money she spent on her conditioning setup, should've been spent on a striking coach.

She was beaten by Holm due to two factors...

1. She cannot box.
B. She has a moron named Edmund coaching her, who is for some reason convinced she can box and has her believing the same nonsense.

I sincerely hope Nunes lays her out.

Who cares if she looks in better shape? Whatever money she spent on her conditioning setup, should've been spent on a striking coach.

1. She cannot box.
B. She has a moron named Edmund coaching her, who is for some reason convinced she can box and has her believing the same nonsense.

I agree. If she doesn't close the distance to get in the clinch she didn't learn much from her last fight. Rousey had beaten most of her competition in the past, because she was a far superior athlete, with a far superior skill. That all came to an end with Holly Holms and unless she changes strategies, I think Nunes sends her on a retirement tour. In the past, it has seemed like Nunes conditioning has trouble past 2 rounds. We shall see.

I'm also looking forward to the Dominic Cruz vs Cody Garbrandt fight. Dom Cruz is just behind McGregor in getting into his opponents head and his footwork is the best in the biz.

1. She cannot box.

Conditioning plays a huge role, when she walked into the last fight and I looked at Holly I knew Holly would win. Having more muscle and being in better condition will go a long way for her. But I agree on how shitty Edmund is as a coach, and also being in a relationship with a guy who has gotten his ass whooped his last two fights won't help either.

Conditioning plays a huge role, when she walked into the last fight and I looked at Holly I knew Holly would win. Having more muscle and being in better condition will go a long way for her. But I agree on how shitty Edmund is as a coach, and also being in a relationship with a guy who has gotten his ass whooped his last two fights won't help either.

Conditioning wasn't the issue in Rousey's last fight. Was she in the best shape? Nope, but the fact that she believed the hype and thought she could actually strike at an elite level is what led to her downfall. Once she started to try and outbox Holm, she was dead in the water.

She needs to clinch, throw and armbar... If she can do that, she wins. If it goes outside of the second round, I think she wins because Nunes has a gas tank that's very close to Yoel Romero levels. The Holm fight exposed one giant hole in Rousey's game though and that's the fact that doesn't like being punched in the face.

Given her petulant antics and gickball coach Edmund, I'd be quite happy to see her lose.

Back