Sig XM7

Cause it feels like the shit that's being designed is being engineered by pencil pushers, who don't have to hump that weight day in and day out.

We were skinny dudes--certainly not the gym rats a lot of guys are today-- living on c-rats and cigarettes, humping half or more than half our weight in gear in high heat/humidity, over various difficult terrain. We waddled. If you sat down you had to be helped up. Equipment straps made furrows in our shoulders.

I suspect the average load-out for legs is similar today. Joe won't break. His body will pay...but he will rise to the occasion, always does. I can tell you one thing for certain: ergonomically, the gear designed in the past 20-30 years at least fits better and has better weight distribution than all the shit that hung off us.

lzbaldy copy.jpg

We were skinny dudes--certainly not the gym rats a lot of guys are today-- living on c-rats and cigarettes, humping half or more than half our weight in gear in high heat/humidity, over various difficult terrain. We waddled. If you sat down you had to be helped up. Equipment straps made furrows in our shoulders.

I suspect the average load-out for legs is similar today. Joe won't break. His body will pay...but he will rise to the occasion, always does. I can tell you one thing for certain: ergonomically, the gear designed in the past 20-30 years at least fits better and has better weight distribution than all the shit that hung off us.
That's the thing. The load outs are going to be higher, as will the operational tempo, but the pool of available bodies is and will be a lot smaller. Of those able and willing to fight there are demonstrable differences in physicality, due to nutrition and environmental factors, that we now have to factor for. We can't afford to break trigger pullers like we used to.

1st Battalion, 506th Infantry Regiment, 101st, have now begun officially fielding this.

View attachment 44396

It's sexy and all, but the people saying it's gonna be a game changer because of the "FCS". I don't really look at an optic as a Fire Control System, this is not a stabilized gun platform (tank/IFV). BUt the Scope is sick.

The Optic seems incredibly expensive. Army finally picks an optic for Next Generation Squad Weapon

But like with anything, shooters won't be as good of shooters as they could be as they won't be allocated the kinda money to become good shooters...

Back