Space Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see them pulling from the Air Force and Navy on top of NASA diverting assests as well.

Last edited:
"What's our greatest threat today?"
"Cyberwarfare."
"That's exactly right!" As a result, we're going to create a branch to project power in space."
"Uh...what?"

Good thing we've been studying alien spacecraft at Area 51...pretty sure this is his lead up to announcing just that. :p:-o:ROFLMAO:

I ALREADY QUIT MY DAY JOB AND I WILL BE THE FIRST PJ IN SPACE FORCE.

Congratulations to Captain Steven Hiller of the United States Marine Corps for being a Plankholder. Semper Fi!

566e29d2dd089523188b464b-750-422.png

Kinda wondering what branch(s) they will pull from? Also agree with @Teufel, why not do a Space Corps of the department of the Air Force.

Either way this will probably have a lot more to do with satilites and space geek stuff vs armed spaceships and intergalactic grunts.

But I will absolutely volunteer for Operation Mars Freedom!

My $.02
I think they were concerned that the Air Force would undercut the Space Corps’ budget. They could also make them a separate branch under the secretary of the Air Force but not the Air Force itself. This would put them in-line with the Marine Corps and the Navy under the SECNAV. I don’t know how they are going to build all that structure though, and pay for it of course. Cyber could break off relaltively easily now that every service has a cyberspace warfare branch up to the General Officer ranks but there isn’t a similar model for space yet.

After the discussion I had with my chaplain this morning, I would much prefer a "Personal Space Force" initiative to eliminate awkward coffee-breath saturated morning pow-wows prior to 0900.

I don't think this will happen. Mattis doesn't like it, Congress is lukewarm at best. About the most POTUS can do is order the planning...but this has to get Congressional approval. There will be incredible opposition to this from a diverse group of interests, not the least being other DoD branches worried about cuts.

Last edited:
I agree I think it would be unlikely to happen, if only because the President has form for announcing grand ideas but then never following through for whatever reason.

...maybe...he is me.

I agree I think it would be unlikely to happen, if only because the President has form for announcing grand ideas but then never following through for whatever reason.

...maybe...he is me.
Not even 2 years as President, so I wouldn't count all of those grand ideas out quite yet. Like him or not, he has a track record of making big things happen over the years. That's how we got here.

"What's our greatest threat today?"
"Cyberwarfare."
"That's exactly right!" As a result, we're going to create a branch to project power in space."
"Uh...what?"

Stop wrecking things!
9abTCG1397233036-830x402.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back