Star Wars - ** SPOILERS ** discussion thread

I'm sure it'll be officially released in a couple of weeks. They may be saving it for May the 4th, but if not, sometime soon, probably.

daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-3-3.gif

Yeah, we shouldn't try applying logic especialy to the new trilogy.

There are WW1 / WW2 style bombing runs and firing arcs in the vacuum of space when there is absolutly no gravity. ^^

I'm cool with it having its own in-universe logic, as long as it stays consistent. Which it hasn't for the sequels.

I have been a Star Wars fan since the very beginning - but from the last two movies - I don't really care. I'll seriously probably just wait for it to hit the dollar movies or come out on cable.
If it follows the new story arc of the first two new-trilogy movies - well I'm just not interested in paying today's ticket prices just to see the story line continue to shit on my poor pathetic Scifi childhood.

If it shifts gears and direction and tries to follow the old Star Wars universe story arc of the first seven movies - it will come off as disconnected from the rest of the trilogy. Bringing Emperor Palpatine back from the dead sounds like a slight return to the original universe - and could actually be a hint that it might finally be acknowledged that Palpatine was responsible for the midiclorian-birth of Anakin - cool - but not worth it based on one short teaser clip.
At this point it seems like they are just swinging for the fences to recapture some of the fan base that has dissolved after the last two shitty installments of the franchise.

The Force Awakens wasn't bad and neither was Rogue-1 but the way they wrapped up Last Jedi sucked balls.
I think I'd rather save my 30 bucks for a ticket, small soda, and some recycled popcorn and spend it on something more enjoyable like a bottle of Jack Daniels and a 'PayPerView Prono flick'

Back