Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

Oppenheimer

The movie stars Florence Pugh's magnificent breasts, Emily Blunt, and some dudes I've seen somewhere. Joker from that Marine movie, Good Will Hunting, that Irish gangster fellow, and Iron Man all make an appearance.

For some reason, the film is titled Oppenheimer but I don't think that's what Florence Pugh calls her magnificent chest region. I doubt Emily Blunt refers to herself as Oppenheimer, so I can only conclude that word refers to one of the dudes.

The film is very good, though it switches between black and white, past and present, Florence Pugh with and without clothes. Emily Blunt affects a soft Southern accent capable of luring me towards a divorce while Florence Pugh's magnificent breasts lurk in the background. For some reason, this first time scrub director elected to focus on guys instead of Florence Pugh and Emily Blunt; I can only conclude he is gay.

Anyway, there's science and stuff, plus Florence Pugh and Emily Blunt. The story appears to center on the race to expose Japan to the bright shining light of freedom, but appears to sideline Florence and Emily to supporting actresses or something because the director is a scrub.

The story is quite good, though jumping between color and black and white is a bit off-putting. It's obvious the director doesn't understand his cast or else he'd feature the FloBlunt show more often. Personally, I'd prefer to watch 2 hours of the FloBlunt Scissoring Show, but for some reason this gay man wants us to see science and dudes.

I think it's worth a watch, just don't expect too much from the stars of the show, Florence Pugh's magnificent breasts. 1 out of 5 mushroom clouds unless you like acting and dudes, then it becomes a 4.5 out of 5.

Despite my cheeky post above, which I stand by, Oppenheimer is very, very good. Still 4.5 out of 5 (I should probably go to a 10 point scale), it is rather powerful, insightful, and moving in the last 30-45 minutes. It is a great movie if you're willing to think.

Also, Emily Blunt or Florence Pugh could give me an STD through sexual intercourse (Blunt over Pugh by a hair) and I'd still break their backs so hard they would need physical therapy just to sit in a wheelchair. I would move those guts so much I could be an interior designer. I'd beat them so bad the CIA's Guantanamo office couldn't offer a defense. I'd...never have a fucking chance. Let's be real.

But those would be the best 15 seconds of my life.

Also, go watch Oppenheimer. It's a really good movie. Seriously. Great cast, great story, and worth your time.

And if Emily or Florence are reading this? Drop me a PM. I respond to @SpongeBob*24 within 2 weeks, but you two...my door is always open.

9 out of 10 kangaroo courts

You have out-Boxed the interwebz

Oppenheimer. The bomb detonation. I’ve seen grenade blasts in war movies make bigger explosions. We’ve had, what, 10,000 nuclear tests on this planet and they choose not to use actual footage?

I had a buddy named Ed in high school who could light his farts through his jeans. He held the lighter down there and did the deed and there’d be this amazing burst of blue flame. It was more entertaining than Oppenheimer.

Last edited:
Just saw Civil War. Since it just arrived in theaters, I won't say a lot other than to say it was disappointing/not what I expected. It was slow, uncompelling, and I didn't care about any of the characters.

Looking for The Ministry of Ungentlemenly Warfare to make up for it this weekend.

Just saw Civil War. Since it just arrived in theaters, I won't say a lot other than to say it was disappointing/not what I expected. It was slow, uncompelling, and I didn't care about any of the characters.

Looking for The Ministry of Ungentlemenly Warfare to make up for it this weekend.
What were you expecting

What were you expecting
Not sure really, but it wasn't a story in which "war correspondents" were the focus. It just missed for me. Like I said, just not particularly compelling. Certainly not a rush to out to theater to see.

The fact it's an A24 film should've been a warning sign for me.

Last edited:
Not sure really, but it wasn't a story in which "war correspondents" were the focus. It just missed for me. Like I said, just not particularly compelling. Certainly not a rush to out to theater to see.

I don't plan on seeing it. But here's the filmmaker's map of the various factions in the movie:

Civil_war_2024_map.svg.png

Blue: Loyalists
Yellow: Western Forces
Burgundy: Florida Alliance
Green: New People's Army

Texas and California allies? That's a reach.

I don't plan on seeing it. But here's the filmmaker's map of the various factions in the movie:

View attachment 44487

The movie doesn't make all the "alliances" really clear, but yeah, this is absurd; makes no logical sense at all. But, it also isn't really the focus of the movie.

Last edited:

I knew I couldn't be the only one.

They blew the damn op to start an awesome genre. If it would have been better there would be 5 more U.S. Civil War type copies coming out in the next few years.

View attachment 44487

Aside from short opening and final scenes, you get little sense of who is who, what, and why.

Does it have a "Strong Female" lead character?
If not - are one of the major supporting roles a character from an under represented social group?
Does climate change play a part in this dystopia?
Does a prominent anti-gun Hollywood celebrity shoot a firearm?

These are things I need to know before I give it a go.

The Ministry of Ungentlemenly Warfare...HELL YEAH! Go see it! 🙂

Between this movie and The Gentlemen, maybe I'm a Guy Ritchie fan...or maybe I just like shows with the word Gentlemen in the title? 🤷‍♂️

I was patiently awaiting your verdict after you said you were going to see it.

I like Guy Ritchie stuff quite a bit as well. That said, in all honesty, his films are typically not a Maverick or Star Wars in terms of needing a massive screen and theater atmosphere to fully enjoy. Worth it to go out of my way to see while it's on the big screen?

I was patiently awaiting your verdict after you said you were going to see it.

I like Guy Ritchie stuff quite a bit as well. That said, in all honesty, his films are typically not a Maverick or Star Wars in terms of needing a massive screen and theater atmosphere to fully enjoy. Worth it to go out of my way to see while it's on the big screen?
Agree, not necessary to see it on the big screen, especially if you have to go out of your way to do so. But, it is worth seeing...total smokeshow Eiza Gonzalez, gratuitous Nazi killing, Henry Cavill deadpan delivery, all very loosely (with many liberties taken) wrapped around the story of Operation Postmaster, what's not to like?!

I see it as paying money to see it in the theater with the hope that "voting with my dollar" results in Hollywood making more entertaining films like this as opposed to most of the garbage I've seen from them in recent years. There really aren't any other films I'm really looking forward to seeing right now, based on previews.

Back