Syria Thread

At 0:20 guy front of tank jumps forward, then you see him on the road when the tank moves forward at 0:25....looks like he was prob between the tracks...crazy tho.

I see what you're talking about now. There is a guy on the road above the tank, so I thought the dude at 0:20 was the 2nd guy.

It's a split second, but you can see the guy fall directly in front of the tank before it switches feeds.

ETA: At roughly 0:22 you can see him get out of what seems to be the gunners hatch. Looks like he was trying to jump away but slipped and falls foreward.

Turkey's terrorists are different than our terrorists.

Can't let other people bomb our terrorists freedom fighters.

You remember years ago and we wanted Turkey to help us fight ISIS or Daesh or whatever those folks are called? Turkey refused until, of many things, we agreed to allow them to bomb the Kurds...but only the terrorists.

I sat at my desk and watched, in real time, our radar out of Erbil track the first wave of Turkish F-4's crossing the border into Iraq...to bomb the Kurds. Not ISIS, the Kurds. Turkey would eventually do ISIS stuff, but that was only after more and more diplomatic pressure. Even then, they would only go so far into Iraq to kill ISIS...because they were only in it to kill Kurds.

So yeah, that day I watched F-4's and later F-16's stack up in Turkey with drones providing ISR, and then rotate in and blast the shit out of the Kurds along the border. One group out bound, one group coming out of their holding orbit to attack, and one group inbound to the holding pattern. For hours. And then the next day?
4da.png

You remember years ago and we wanted Turkey to help us fight ISIS or Daesh or whatever those folks are called? Turkey refused until, of many things, we agreed to allow them to bomb the Kurds...but only the terrorists.
Yes, I do remember that. I also remember this little thing called the OPLAN for the invasion of Iraq back in ~2003, when our NATO ally Turkey wouldn't let us traverse their territory to invade from the north.

I'm not mad; national interests are gonna natural interest, and whatever we were offering Turkey, they wanted more and we weren't willing to give it to them. But yeah, I still remember.

I sat at my desk and watched, in real time, our radar out of Erbil track the first wave of Turkish F-4's crossing the border into Iraq...to bomb the Kurds. Not ISIS, the Kurds. Turkey would eventually do ISIS stuff, but that was only after more and more diplomatic pressure. Even then, they would only go so far into Iraq to kill ISIS...because they were only in it to kill Kurds.

So yeah, that day I watched F-4's and later F-16's stack up in Turkey with drones providing ISR, and then rotate in and blast the shit out of the Kurds along the border. One group out bound, one group coming out of their holding orbit to attack, and one group inbound to the holding pattern. For hours. And then the next day?
4da.png

Well, they went into Iraq to seize territory, are their bases gone?

Back