Syria Thread

Assad uses chemical weapons because he has them. Why not? Aside from the fact that he's a first class dick, he's got the Russians backing him up, and he knows any Western response is going to be limited to cruise missiles or other stand-off PGMs. So far, he's even been given the time to evacuate targeted facilities. What's a few empty buildings getting flattened when he's been at war for seven years?

Trump announced that he wanted to pull the US contingent out. That was in late March. The chemical attack on Douma came a week or so later.

Assad doesn't give a shit what the leaders of the world think. Neither did his father. If Assad lost the support of Russia, things would be much different, but that's not going to happen...The Russians have been deeply invested and entrenched in Syria since the Cold War.

What does Russia gain by keeping us in Syria?

False flag. No evidence of chemical attack. All this for what? Weapons display? Shock and awe? We need to get out of Syria most rikitik.

False flag. No evidence of chemical attack. All this for what? Weapons display? Shock and awe? We need to get out of Syria most rikitik.

Do you have a link for the claim that there was no attack? Either way the entire country and war has turned into an absolute soup sandwich of he said she said war crimes being committed by both sides at this point.

WATCH: Pearson Sharp Refutes MSM Reports of Chemical Weapons Attack in Douma | One America News Network

I’m thinking in my mind russia is playing a disinformation game to draw us into a shitstorm in the Middle East. Funding terrorists and Iran. We need to bail.

I like one of the comments posted on the article, they talk about how many people under Castro would say they loved him and that it was great living their, that nothing bad ever happened. However, when they immigrated to the US they would have stories of terrible atrocities being committed.

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with the video, because frankly I don't know. There have been so many conflicting stories on whether it did happen or didnt that finding the clear and detailed truth for anything is impossible anymore.

If the video is to be believed then what the Syrians are saying would make sense, how often have we ran black flag operations to springboard something we wanted? I don't know man...as Marauder06 said. Let the Syrians fight the Syrians and be done with it.

I like one of the comments posted on the article, they talk about how many people under Castro would say they loved him and that it was great living their, that nothing bad ever happened. However, when they immigrated to the US they would have stories of terrible atrocities being committed.

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with the video, because frankly I don't know. There have been so many conflicting stories on whether it did happen or didnt that finding the clear and detailed truth for anything is impossible anymore.

If the video is to be believed then what the Syrians are saying would make sense, how often have we ran black flag operations to springboard something we wanted? I don't know man...as Marauder06 said. Let the Syrians fight the Syrians and be done with it.
I agree. These false flags have been going on forever. Usually to garner political support one way or another.

I've vacationed in Cuba and talked to real Cuban's. It's not all sunshine and rainbows. They'll tow the official line on camera or when being watched, cause otherwise the military police will be by later. They also will do anything to get the hell out of there.

I have friends who were there in the che era. They confirm your description @RackMaster . I don’t think Syria is the same. Who knows. I guess I’ll wait for a Syrian to talk about it.

An addendum to my earlier comment about Syrians killing Syrians in Syria:

If Americans can kill Iranians, Syrians, Russian, and all manner of Islamists in Syria without risking a major regional conflagration, I'm kind of OK with that.

Still trying figure out why we need to get involved in Syria.

Just my opinion, but we're involved because we have had a vested interest in the Middle East for decades, with Israel, with Egypt, with the Saudis, the Kuwaitis, with Iraq, with the Shah; against despots, Saddam, Khadafi, Ayatollah's, the Assads--father and son, Islamic jihadists from everywhere...up to and including massive trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives...not to mention countering Soviet/Russian strategic moves and trying to obliterate the organized madness of ISIS that threatened everything we had worked for and fought for since March 03.

America has been embroiled in ME politics and conflict since at least 1948 and we'll continued to be involved as long as it remains strategically imperative--militarily, economically, politically--for us to do so.

Syria is one big shitpot in the middle of a region that is of vital interest to us--and to everybody else, for that matter. We're staying at the poker table one way or another, overtly, covertly, with guns, money and whatever else it takes to compete in the game.

Last edited:
I think we need to call it a draw and GTFO. It’s always about money.

It's more about maintaining influence, I think, as far as Syria goes. If we retain some element of involvement we have some say in how things turn out. As confusing and fucked up and factional as the situation is, if we GTFO we forfeit our chance to try to shape events to our advantage.

But I understand your sentiments. I just don't think there will ever be a time when we aren't deeply entangled in multiple initiatives in the ME.

I think we need to call it a draw and GTFO. It’s always about money.

Have you spent any time working Syria recently? You seem to be big in calling this some sort of conspiracy theory false flag to strike the three facilities, but are still myopically thinking this has anything to do with only Syria... Or that it's maintaining sovereignty with so many various forces there.

There was solid evidence from multiple sources of chemical weapons use in this recent attack. The Russians and Syrians tried to sanitize the incident saying a "rebel" store of chemical agents was bombed, causing the release. That does not constitute a denial of chemical weapons, it only confirms it.

Have you spent any time working Syria recently? You seem to be big in calling this some sort of conspiracy theory false flag to strike the three facilities, but are still myopically thinking this has anything to do with only Syria... Or that it's maintaining sovereignty with so many various forces there.

If you read back thru what I posted I provided evidence that I can only say maybe true/false/plausible conclusion. No one knows. I think probable players were iran,russia, terrorists etc.

@Ocoka explained it best but I still hate it.

Last edited:
John Bolton was a leader for the Project for a New American Century. This group studied and openly advocated for domination of the Middle East. Not a conspiracy theory, it was a real organization. Something to ponder, maybe.

Back