Top SEAL gives deadline

The only way they are going to right themselves is a full on smack down. Pull their operational certs, put them back on the boats for a couple of years doing what they are supposed to be doing anyway. Let the deployment junkies get bored and move along, and slowly bring them back into the fold.

They are not going to do that. So my guess is they are going to keep having major problems until JSOC/SOCOM give them the boot.

Yep, take them out of JSOC, break up the teams, start from scratch, build up your reputation, and try and get back in the game.

Honestly, you know they're not going to do that. Expensive, and impractical. Is it the right thing to do? Yeah, probably. But it ain't going to happen.

I imagine the top boss is having his feet held to the fire by people with a whole bunch more stars than he has. I imagine they're going to see results quickly or there's going to be a lot of vacancies.

I absolutely do think they need to have an operational stand down to get their shit in order.

I also think that as public as this has been, you will see change swiftly, or there will be change swiftly.

They need to disband the Teams. Either rebrand them, go back to being UDTs or something along those lines. Or roll the capability into MARSOC and remove the redundancy of two Maritime SOF components. As it stands these guys will not be getting deployed to any real combat zones, as they already are essentially out of the fight.

When no one, and I mean no one, in SOF wants to work with or for you then you need to go away. Their behavior is affecting the entire Command. They like to parade around like they’ve been winning the GWOT when all along they’ve been hanger-ons. The amount of “trauma” they’ve under gone that “forgives” their behavior is paled in comparison to what SF and Regiment have endured.

I’m tired of hearing about these guys, I’m tired of them stealing credit (see Rob O’neill Talking about the Red Wings rescue), and I’m tired of them killing fucking Army dudes. Which has gone on for years (that. Delta dude with the fake leg? Yeah he got shot by fucking SEALs).

They need to disband the Teams. Either rebrand them, go back to being UDTs or something along those lines. Or roll the capability into MARSOC and remove the redundancy of two Maritime SOF components. As it stands these guys will not be getting deployed to any real combat zones, as they already are essentially out of the fight.

When no one, and I mean no one, in SOF wants to work with or for you then you need to go away. Their behavior is affecting the entire Command. They like to parade around like they’ve been winning the GWOT when all along they’ve been hanger-ons. The amount of “trauma” they’ve under gone that “forgives” their behavior is paled in comparison to what SF and Regiment have endured.

I’m tired of hearing about these guys, I’m tired of them stealing credit (see Rob O’neill Talking about the Red Wings rescue), and I’m tired of them killing fucking Army dudes. Which has gone on for years (that. Delta dude with the fake leg? Yeah he got shot by fucking SEALs).

Last time I deployed I had the "opportunity" to work with some guys from ST10. I was just a conventional dude working in a small region where we all managed to get along because we had different priorities/requirements. I managed to tag along on some bi-lateral meetings with them and a team from 10th SFG. I was less than impressed from the ASOT guys from ST10 because of their attitudes and way of doing business. 10th SFG, now those guys were consummate professionals. They didn't treat me any different because I was from a conventional element. I would love to work with 75th as I hear nothing but great things about you guys. Definitely a group of people I respect, trust, and look up to.

It's a shame someone leaked the memo. They can't even keep business in house. They need to find that person and either charge them under the UCMJ or fire them.
ComNavSpecWarCom Memo was released, no leaking.
The lack of leadership rant (crappy blog FWIW) fails to mention each platoon has an E-8 for a "team daddy", maybe stronger enlisted leadership is needed.
I have to wonder how many trouble makers are coming from that one east coast team? Maybe that's where the re-engineering should start?
Close friend says he hated working with the SEALs, no planning.

boooooom shots fired

something something standards something something upholding something fifth stanza

not like they bugged the fuck out on one of their "boys" to basically be left to be shwacked or nothin, nevermind embarassing the team, organization, and country to boot.

ComNavSpecWarCom Memo was released, no leaking.
The lack of leadership rant (crappy blog FWIW) fails to mention each platoon has an E-8 for a "team daddy", maybe stronger enlisted leadership is needed.
I have to wonder how many trouble makers are coming from that one east coast team? Maybe that's where the re-engineering should start?
Close friend says he hated working with the SEALs, no planning.
Source that it was released?

Yeah. And I've been saying all along tear down the whole shitshow and rebuild because it's infected beyond any of the kind of "adjustments" that are likely to come down the chain.

Thanks to shameless self-promotion, NDA violations and Hollywood, all these gutless empty suits in D.C. are SEAL fanboys...so it's not going to happen.

They kill one little unarmed teenage jihadist and they gotta do an endzone dance like a bunch of showboating rookies.

Last edited:
Honestly, you know they're not going to do that. Expensive, and impractical. Is it the right thing to do? Yeah, probably. But it ain't going to happen.

I imagine the top boss is having his feet held to the fire by people with a whole bunch more stars than he has. I imagine they're going to see results quickly or there's going to be a lot of vacancies.

I absolutely do think they need to have an operational stand down to get their shit in order.

I also think that as public as this has been, you will see change swiftly, or there will be change swiftly.

Then at least take the two well known teams and disband them making them the example......this a good time to do that, at least.

Then at least take the two well known teams and disband them making them the example......this a good time to do that, at least.

Disbanding and rebuilding Six/DevGru is an excellent start. I think when the other mortals see their heroes being benched, it will have a trickle-down effect. And it's not like six hasn't had their pee-pee smacked in the past.

Disbanding and rebuilding Six/DevGru is an excellent start. I think when the other mortals see their heroes being benched, it will have a trickle-down effect. And it's not like six hasn't had their pee-pee smacked in the past.

The replacement forces needed to take over their Ops at the current proficiency levels simply do not exist.

The replacement forces needed to take over their Ops at the current proficiency levels simply do not exist.

Understood. Perhaps it's time to lean on our colleagues in other branches or even other countries (i.e., SBS, GROM, etc.) if we had to do that.

But it seems like many of these problems stem from that particular unit and how they are perceived by the rest of Navy special warfare. Cut off the cancer to heal the body.

But, just my opinion. And academic anyway. It's been a hot minute since the CNO called me for my advice.

Back