Unusual Circumstances

Cojack

Unverified
I am currently in the Navy as a nuclear machinist mate and when I get out will have nine years of service. I'm currently an E-6 and looking to try out for the PJs and crossover to the Air Force at that time. I always wanted to be a SEAL, but due to my nuclear NEC that isn't possible. I've read into the prior service/ sister service requirements and they all say accessions are very limited, so my question is does anyone have any insight on this or recommendations so improve my chances of making this happen?

I am currently in the Navy as a nuclear machinist mate and when I get out will have nine years of service. I'm currently an E-6 and looking to try out for the PJs and crossover to the Air Force at that time. I always wanted to be a SEAL, but due to my nuclear NEC that isn't possible. I've read into the prior service/ sister service requirements and they all say accessions are very limited, so my question is does anyone have any insight on this or recommendations so improve my chances of making this happen?

I have spoken with a few and they tell me that it depends on the fiscal year and that they are very selective about who they will and will not take as far as prior service. Most of the recruiters are in no hurry to help me out due to the whole down sizing stuff so I figured with persistence and resources like this one some option would present itself.

As far as I know, the sister service gig is kaput for right now. I have a recruiter friend I asked, and he's saying they have zero sister service or prior service acceptance at the moment.

This isn't gospel, you should do your own research, but it's not looking great.

Yea the ones I talked to said pretty much the same but if I can put up very good PAST scores they will be more likely to consider me.

Back