What’s happening in Iran?

@Jaknight the Iranian’s agreed to limit the range of their ballistic missiles to 2000 km. (Tel Aviv is 1900 km from Tehran.:sneaky:)

They have also said that they would continue to press ahead with development of conventional “defensive” ballistic weapons systems and payloads. But how hard is it to change the payload on a ballistic missile from a conventional to a nuclear warhead?

Last edited:
With Biden coming in having announced his intention to rejoin the Iran nuclear deal
That ^ was a mistake on the president-elect's part. He should have signaled willingness to consider the possibility of returning to the table, but needing some moves by Iran (and others) first. Now, he is a disadvantageous negotiating position because everyone knows this is something that he wants, and they're therefore going to make him pay for it.

But hey, don't take my word for it:

Iran... is expected to demand a high price to return to the deal, including the immediate lifting of the punishing sanctions imposed by the Trump administration and billions of dollars in compensation for them

That ^ was a mistake on the president-elect's part. He should have signaled willingness to consider the possibility of returning to the table, but needing some moves by Iran (and others) first. Now, he is a disadvantageous negotiating position because everyone knows this is something that he wants, and they're therefore going to make him pay for it.

But hey, don't take my word for it:
Oh, I don't think it was a mistake. I think it was done intentionally.

Antony Blinken, if confirmed, will be the pointman in this "disadvantageous negotiating position." He helped frame the original JCPOA. He's Jewish--which, given his track record, probably means little or nothing in this context. Personally I'm hoping this is going to be a hard sell in Congress given the probability that Iran will bleed it for all it's worth.

Qatar aka Pakistan light has entered the chat.

Qatari government 'funded Houthi drones'

Qatar will be implicated in funding and enabling shipments of drone components from China and Europe to Yemen's Houthi Rebels.

In a meeting next week in Europe, US security contractors will present information to an international panel investigating materiel shipments to the Iran-backed militia.

Will be interesting to see who is going to win the game of chicken.
republican national convention gop GIF by Election 2016

Back