What happens if a PJ candidate quits?

Hi @osk , welcome to the site. Please read and follow the site rules, particularly with regard to intro threads, before making any additional posts (including responding to this one).

Thanks.

After your intro is posted, feel free to use the search function and answer your own question. There are a million answers to this question. There is a mentor forum to answer these specific questions. Do not waste time with this drivel again.

He regrets it for the rest of his life. Or so I'm told.
Well, yea. Or you could remember that sometimes things don't work out the way you want the first time, and you grab your balls and get back to work. Lots of options.

He realizes his personal mental limit is less than others. He realizes he is not mature enough for what he signed up for. He realizes after everything he thought he want in life, is nothing he wants to be. He realizes he is lazy to the core, and did not prepare to fight, he did not prepare to win, he wanted something without working for it. He thought he was a man, until he saw real men, and realized he was not.

He realizes his personal mental limit is less than others. He realizes he is not mature enough for what he signed up for. He realizes after everything he thought he want in life, is nothing he wants to be. He realizes he is lazy to the core, and did not prepare to fight, he did not prepare to win, he wanted something without working for it. He thought he was a man, until he saw real men, and realized he was not.

Or he does not possess the required skill set, got injured, or had a family emergency. Not everyone is a quitter or mentally weak that doesn't make it through a SOF selection. In fact, I would wager that you could put any (insert SOF unit here) member through their respective selection course again, and some would not make it. I'm a firm believer that there is a certain amount of luck that is involved in getting through any selection process.

Or he does not possess the required skill set, got injured, or had a family emergency. Not everyone is a quitter or mentally weak that doesn't make it through a SOF selection. In fact, I would wager that you could put any (insert SOF unit here) member through their respective selection course again, and some would not make it. I'm a firm believer that there is a certain amount of luck that is involved in getting through any selection process.
I don't think those situations meet the thread topic of quitting.

Is there a possibility that with cutbacks they could be removed from the Air Force all together?

Is there a possibility that with cutbacks they could be removed from the Air Force all together?

Yes this is very likely for someone who has quit during training, however, if a person is injured or some other form of situation that resulted in failing the Indoc/Pipeline then it is more likely they would be reclassed. Went to Tech school in Lackland and saw a few of these fellas get put into my career field or Aircrew, and heard that the ones who actually quit or failed on purpose thinking they would get reclassed were getting kicked out.

I'm just guessing that they become rump rangers, who spend their days in brown raider suits chasing down the purple dinosaur who loves them.

But being that its totally a guess, I would say on the light side of it, you will probably hate yourself and either learn from it or not, either way it will probably be a defining moment in the person you will be throughout your life.

Not that getting your dick broke off in the pool at the PJ barn on Lackland AFB should be a defining moment or anything. :whistling:

Shame on everyone who has replied seriously to this thread.

This was a golden opportunity, lost to the world of honest answers.

Best case you're not a total shit bag and someone recommends TACP reclass. You'll be in the hands of big blue at that point.. You have an idea of what may happen now; if you're actually strong stop focusing on those points and focus on crushing the course and being a pt stud.

Best of luck.

Back