• Folder

Votes: 111 56.6%
  • Multi-tool

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I don't carry a knife

Votes: 7 3.6%

• Total voters
Troll said:
almost looks like it's an Okuden job... Brian has had the 'joy' of kydexing a lot of the Spartan stuff lately... since he designs knives too, his kydex is mojre appropriate for saving edges than some others... He actually started with BladeTech... okay, I'll quit knife geeking....

I thought it looked like a nice kydex job. Little light on eyelets maybe, but nice. Course, then again, I'm bad to get crazy with eyelets, on kydex. Mo eylets=mo attachment options. I like options. Now if I can find some USA-made attachments for belt and molle carry, I'll really be rockin'.

Also, please continue geeking.
Troll said:
almost looks like it's an Okuden job... Brian has had the 'joy' of kydexing a lot of the Spartan stuff lately... since he designs knives too, his kydex is mojre appropriate for saving edges than some others... He actually started with BladeTech... okay, I'll quit knife geeking....

I thought it looked like a nice kydex job. Little light on eyelets maybe, but nice. Course, then again, I'm bad to get crazy with eyelets, on kydex. More eylets=more attachment options. I like options. Now if I can find some USA-made attachments for belt and molle carry, I'll really be rockin'.

Also, please continue geeking.

Up until a few days ago i used to carry a Sketeltool CX. I've however "broken" the blade mechanism so need to have it replaced (the tool). I'm going to get a Green Beret 7" (Reeves/Harsey) when next CONUS to be part of my go-bag (not everyday carry).

Last edited:
@Barbarian - take a look at the BladeTech site... Tim is a huge proponent of USA manufacturing, I can run over and talk to him at some point if he's in the office. And, I'll try Mike V. over at Fox Knives USA, he's got more connections than a truckload of legos.
I'm using Tim's tek-locks and molle-locks right now but they have little "made in commie land" stamps on them, so I'm looking for another solution, that prevents me from having to produce attachments for each knife myself.

OK, I stand corrected-gen3 molle loks are made in Taiwan. The tek-loks are made in China, though. Their holsters are all made in the States if I'm not mistaken, however, and are still the best kydex holsters I've seen. (And I'm always lookin')

OK, I stand corrected-gen3 molle loks are made in Taiwan. The tek-loks are made in China, though. Their holsters are all made in the States if I'm not mistaken, however, and are still the best kydex holsters I've seen. (And I'm always lookin')

Okuden, some of the best kydex work I've seen... but it's a one man show, and he's busier than a one armed paper hanger right now.

How would you compare their work to Raven Concealment or CompTac?

policemedic said:
How would you compare their work to Raven Concealment or CompTac?
Blade Tech and CompTac are comparable in quality. Blade-Tech simply offers more options. Raven beats them both for IWB carry, but that's it.
x sf med said:
Okuden, some of the best kydex work I've seen... but it's a one man show, and he's busier than a one armed paper hanger right now.
You aren't kidding! That gentleman does very impressive kydex work. Thanks for the link, by the way.

Considering I can't find anything for a USP with UTL for their supported lights...nor anything that would fit an Expert.... I'd disagree.
Can't blame you, there. As many USP owners as there are, you'd think that wouldn't be an issue anymore.

Nothing for my HK45C either, at least not in the holster I was looking at. No biggie; I agree that Raven's IWB is better.

Spend the $$... have a custom holster made... leather or kydex.... they aren't that much... (no, really they are I know, but hey, I know leather workers and kydex guys who need to feed their families)

Spend the $$... have a custom holster made... leather or kydex.... they aren't that much... (no, really they are I know, but hey, I know leather workers and kydex guys who need to feed their families)

I'm actually not averse to the idea. With one exception, all my kydex is from Raven and I wouldn't mind some options.

I'm actually not averse to the idea. With one exception, all my kydex is from Raven and I wouldn't mind some options.

Let me talk to Okuden, he's not far from here and I owe him lunch anyway, let's see what he can do. pm me your setup, and what you want in specs... we may be able to come up with something at a reasonable price, but he may make me learn more about forming kydex to interesting shapes... no promises.

Back