What more can I do to become a Ranger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry50

Unverified
Alright I'm working my way to being a 75th Airborne Ranger. I have all these bought flash cards over the Ranger hand book, memorized the creed to the point I say it when I wake up and fall asleep, lost 60lbs (played college fullback been leading the way since day 1), run 20 some miles a week (working to 40), lift 5 days a week, can do 25 pullups in a row for example, I'm 5ft 5in 180lbs very broad 5ft 5in dwarf, recovered fully from my left acl and right shoulder labrum surgeries in 6 months (fully released also due to college football), have a bachelors in human performance coaching, do 100s of pushups/situps/body squats just all day long on the hour (aka power hours), drink on weekends, use atleast 6-8 hours out of my day since I have no job, just graduated and am waiting to go to basic to study and focus on Ranger stuff, watch all the vids and getting the know how about Rangers, read all the history I can so far, live by spartan discipline (Spartan Discipline by Dominic Mann), have Ranger pro app, tie all my ranger knots everyday atleast 5 times (repel seat is included), run a 15 min 2 mile (I had acl surgery 7 months ago and itll be 13 after basic don't hate too hard right now, my knees are finally able to handle serious strain now and has gone down 4 min in the past month), have fully passed all my needed asvab stuff to "properly qualify for The Rangers", haven't taken a worthless hott shower in 7 months (ice cold showers for 10 minutes while listening to Jocko is the best beginning and ending to a day there is). What else do I need to be doing? I will become a Ranger just looking for some serious advice from some serious guys. Currently waiting for basic on some waivers for all my surgeries (left and right acls and right labrum that has no metal). Sorry for the length. Just felt it needed detail. Hope this is posted correctly also. If not please Grill accordingly.

I also bought a land navigation book to teach or familiarize myself before basic. Watch a ton of teaching vids. I also know and am getting the option 40 contract.

1) That was incredibly hard to read. It felt like one run-on sentence and my eyes kind of glazed over.
2) With that...what's your recruiter said about your post?

Those, like myself, that went through the course saw many start but also many drop. You can be in tip top shape but what will get you through is what is inside you. When your time comes to be in a leadership position, what type of leader are you. When those eye lids start to droop keep them open. If you have a fear of snakes and spiders, learn to overcome it. There are many things I could add, and others on here might add. When you said you got the land nav book I have a word of advice, stay off any roads.

Well I would start taking nice warm showers again because those will be sorely missed once you go to Ft. Benning. There’s no way to really “prepare” to be cold and wet or hot and chaffed. Misery is misery, no matter how much you prep.

I’d say chill out, keep crushing those pull ups. Maybe work on your run- or relax a bit. You hit the nail on the head- you’ll get better during basic. So just chill out for now, stay out of trouble and have as much fun as quarantine allows. You’re going to want those good memories when you’re sucking.

Also stop wasting time on the Ranger handbook. If you make it to Batt and then to School you’ll get plenty of use out of it. Good job memorizing the creed now.

1) That was incredibly hard to read. It felt like one run-on sentence and my eyes kind of glazed over.
2) With that...what's your recruiter said about your post?
I won't lie! I was not sober at all posting it but he has said I'm doing great and doesn't have much more to add. I get a lot of oh that awesome and he just repeats the basic information on memorization and familiarizing myself with all of my soldier creeds for basic and Rangers. Then proceeds to say I'm doing everything I need too. He also included getting PT maxed out and I don't have anything to worry about. I keep finding more ways to improve but really wanted help to see what areas I should primarily focus on before basic.

Exactly.

My suggestion: calm down, focus on the details, don’t end up injured again prior to enlisting/shipping.
Okay thank you. I appreciate the response. Sorry for the rediculous amount of commas. Just get into modes at nights I take "off". Saturdays are more relaxed days to keep me from overstimulating on info or working out. I always get anxiety when not doing enough.

Those, like myself, that went through the course saw many start but also many drop. You can be in tip top shape but what will get you through is what is inside you. When your time comes to be in a leadership position, what type of leader are you. When those eye lids start to droop keep them open. If you have a fear of snakes and spiders, learn to overcome it. There are many things I could add, and others on here might add. When you said you got the land nav book I have a word of advice, stay off any roads.
Thank you for the response. I will keep away from roads. I try to challenge myself everyday with things that could help with that. I'm happy I was appart of a football team for so long. It really helped with the confidence to lead others and have the ability to talk and see the potential in everyone.

Well I would start taking nice warm showers again because those will be sorely missed once you go to Ft. Benning. There’s no way to really “prepare” to be cold and wet or hot and chaffed. Misery is misery, no matter how much you prep.

I’d say chill out, keep crushing those pull ups. Maybe work on your run- or relax a bit. You hit the nail on the head- you’ll get better during basic. So just chill out for now, stay out of trouble and have as much fun as quarantine allows. You’re going to want those good memories when you’re sucking.

Also stop wasting time on the Ranger handbook. If you make it to Batt and then to School you’ll get plenty of use out of it. Good job memorizing the creed now.
Thank you. I will focus on calming down more. I appreciate the response. Makes me feel better that I'm over trying rather than under.

Nobody wants to read your drunk posts; especially if you are asking for advice or help.
Well it was more buzzed not drunk and I meant it. I was more or less responding to the illiteracy of some of the wording. Thank you for the response. I'm not trying to waste your time. I will focus on a more calm approach to it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back