Not Work Safe .

Not just helicopters...
View attachment 44577

We've got 60s going over our place all the time...Had a '47 roar by the other day. The Forest Service has a UH-1 that flies over about once a week, so just the sound of that gets my attention every time. Plus I've been helo medevaced twice, so...

...nothing like the sound of rotors to bring back the time when your life depended on them.

We've got 60s going over our place all the time...Had a '47 roar by the other day. The Forest Service has a UH-1 that flies over about once a week, so just the sound of that gets my attention every time. Plus I've been helo medevaced twice, so...

...nothing like the sound of rotors to bring back the time when your life depended on them.

Military aircraft have a distinctive smell, and when you have been around them for a hot minute you can differentiate by sound. One of the many things I miss about growing up in eastern NC (New River MCAS, Cherry Point MCAS, Seymour Johnson AFB all within about 75 miles), and certainly flying as air crew.

Military aircraft have a distinctive smell, and when you have been around them for a hot minute you can differentiate by sound. One of the many things I miss about growing up in eastern NC (New River MCAS, Cherry Point MCAS, Seymour Johnson AFB all within about 75 miles), and certainly flying as air crew.
. . . bleed air leaks, engine exhaust, hot hydraulics, fuel, swamp ass and farts. Ah, the good ol' days(?).

I "impress" the kids all the time when I call the aircraft before they fly over and pick the direction they are coming from. We get 47-F, 130-H, 130-J, Griffon, Cormorant and Globemaster.

Back