Don't Thank Me, Thank Disney

Here's another unpopular opinion that will rally folks to wield the ban hammer, but I don't care for Tool ...very over-rated.

This coming from someone that used to be a Tool and A Perfect Circle fan. Saw them both in concert back in the day (early/mid 2000's) Maybe Maynard ruined them for me, not sure, but the music just doesn't resonate with anymore. I think I just worked through my industrial metal, as well as my screamo phases.

Music is always a tough conversation because tastes are so personal. I used to see A LOT of bands and like/appreciate just about every genre except rap and hip-hop; even at that there are a couple artists I'd make an exception for...well, maybe not hip-hop, that shit sucks.

My preferences change/cycle based on a lot of things but I can pretty comfortably rely on hair bands and country. Maybe it's because I'm a simpleton. There is still some really good music being made, but it feels like you need to seek it out a bit more and it's not as consistent.

Here's another unpopular opinion that will rally folks to wield the ban hammer, but I don't care for Tool ...very over-rated.

This coming from someone that used to be a Tool and A Perfect Circle fan. Saw them both in concert back in the day (early/mid 2000's) Maybe Maynard ruined them for me, not sure, but the music just doesn't resonate with anymore. I think I just worked through my industrial metal, as well as my screamo phases.

Music is always a tough conversation because tastes are so personal. I used to see A LOT of bands and like/appreciate just about every genre except rap and hip-hop; even at that there are a couple artists I'd make an exception for...well, maybe not hip-hop, that shit sucks.

My preferences change/cycle based on a lot of things but I can pretty comfortably rely on hair bands and country. Maybe it's because I'm a simpleton. There is still some really good music being made, but it feels like you need to seek it out a bit more and it's not as consistent.

I don't really listen to a lot of Tool and A Perfect Circle much these days, but back in the day I torrented a bunch of it.

I've been listening to so much country...and all of a sudden I'm drawn back to rap as the chick at work said "I like words".

but I don't care for Tool ...very over-rated.
I’m hardly a Tool super fan, but in the same way Metallica changed the direction of music away from hair-band, glam rock, Tool was able to insert itself in the middle of the grunge movement and offer something nobody had ever heard before.

I guess I would challenge your assertion that they are “overrated“ and if anything, I would consider them underrated.

You’re entitled to bad opinions. I have lots of them.

Saw Stevie Nicks (with Billy Joel) in concert last night.

At 75 years old the woman still has the chops, voice sounded fantastic and she danced like she was 24. Stevie told fun stories about some of the songs, recognized that her ex (but only) husband was in the audience, and genuinely seemed to have a good time.

Her duet with Joel of Stop Dragging my Heart Around was fantastic, they both got into he part.

The closing rendition of Landslide had montages of her and Christine McVie, it had my girlfriend sobbing and Stevie herself got choked up a few times while singing the song.

Pretty cool experience to see and hear one of the greatest songs ever written, performed by the person who made it famous.

Side note: Billy Joel was fun too…he had a sense of humor about getting older and not being able to hit the high notes anymore.

When he went to fit himself for the harmonica to start Piano Man he had just finished a pretty energetic song and had to restart the piano part so he could catch his breath for a minute - he played that up to the crowd a bit.

I’ve always heard that as male Divas go, Billy Joel is amongst the top, but he sure is able to to still put on a great show.

I’ve really been enjoying Ren’s newest album that came out in October (Sick Boi). But what got me into Ren is his story telling.

Last edited:
Pudddles covers Black Sabbath- I like it.

He changes the transitions of the lyrics in a way that really makes you think about what they mean.

With a couple exceptions, I have a broad range of music genre tastes. But my "go to's" are country and hard rock/'80's hair bands.

I've been digging Hardy lately as he kind of bridges the two. So, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to post this Mashup of Hardy with AWP's favorite band -- it's a banger and AWP can't ban me, so 🖕😁:

Also, for Zach Bryan fans, cool interview with him on Joe Rogan where he talks about his Navy career and rise to fame:

I don't like Nickleback, outside of its use as an "enhanced interrogation" tool, but I know someone who does like Nickleback...

I only feel safe posting this because @AWP currently has no ban hammer.

Back